Home Sports Talk
Options

sports trivia

mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
Without looking it up, name two current athletes (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL) that go by the name "Bob." Names like Robert and Bobby don't count.

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Sanders (Colts)...unless he retired. Without looking it up I can't recall.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Matt said image
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kneel and Bob??? image
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Bob Sanders (Colts)...unless he retired. Without looking it up I can't recall. >>

That's one. You would have won 1,000 internet points if you had come up with another. Hard to believe, but he's actually the only Bob in the 4 major sport leagues, plus NCAA football and basketball. And, his real name is Demond.
    http://www.sbnation.com/2012/1/18/2713941/rip-sporting-bobs
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, Bob Sanders went to California. He may as well have retired. I hear California is great place to rest old, tired bones image
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Kneel and Bob??? image >>

True story:

In college (at Western Michigan - go Broncos!), my roommate & I used to get the seats right next to the opposing team penalty box for hockey games. The pieces of glass that surrounded the box came to a corner that had a tiny little opening. We routinely yelled down into the box at the opposing players and got on their case. One time, we were all over Jim Dowd from Lake Superior State (man was he a helluva player in college), who were in town for 2 games. We arrived early for the second game and they were still doing the pre-game skate. Dowd sees us, comes over by the boards, winds up and WHACKS the glass to let us know he knew we were there. That was really cool.

Anyway, the story:

So we're at a game against...I think Ferris State. Maybe Bowling Green. And it's a normal night, hollering at the other guys and whatnot. I see my roommate lean over and say something through the little opening and all of a sudden, the two guys in the box go BERZERK. They were trying to climb over the glass, the whole nine yards, while the attendant was pulling them back down. After things calmed down, I asked my roomie what he'd said. His reply? "Are your names Kneel & Bob or is that just what you do?"

LOL.

Good times.

Tabe