Home Sports Talk
Options

ELI!!!

I have more respect for that guy every time I watch him play.

Comments

• Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    He took a beating but made a few great passes. Eli didn't win the game for the Giants. Kyle Williams did.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    Eli had a solid game despite being under pressure for most of it. Go Giants!!!!
    Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
    1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    OK - so here's a question for you. If the Giants win again, is Tom Coughlin a Hall of Famer? I would assume Eli would be well on his way, but he still has a lot of years ahead.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>OK - so here's a question for you. If the Giants win again, is Tom Coughlin a Hall of Famer? I would assume Eli would be well on his way, but he still has a lot of years ahead. >>

If Terry Bradshaw got in I don't see how Eli doesn't.

I'll admit Eli is a lot tougher than he looks. Late in the 4th with all those hits on him he was looking a bit like a real life bobble-head doll.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to say this but I now respect Eli Manning as a big time QB, that kid took a beating and showed alot of balls leading his Team.
  • Options
    huge SB shootout..take the over
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Eli is the only guy on the Giants I actually like. The rest seem like arrogant a-holes.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    That 49ers defense is as nasty as it gets. They were in Eli's facemask all day and he kept getting up. He has really improved since that 2007 SB win and he should have a better day against the Pats defense.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Anyone that doesn't realize that Eli is now in the elite class of current NFL QB's needs to open their eyes. Other than Roethlisberger, I'd say he's the toughest QB in the league, and this year he has added pocket mobility and I think even better accuracy. Like Drew Brees, most of the throws he makes are in the intermediate to deep zones, so he'll have his share of picks.

I'd still take Rodgers, Brady, and Brees ahead of him, but he closing the gap on those guys very quickly.
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

TTT Woohoo!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to put him up there now with one of the all-time best QBs. He's earned that distinction.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Eli has the tools, executes, and plays smart. It was a hard fought game. The Patriots have nothing to be ashamed of. Brady had a hell of a game. If it wasn't for those dropped passes in the second half it could have easily turned out in favor of the Pats. Belichick's call at the end to let Bradshaw score was good strategy. I was on the edge of my seat those last 57 seconds.

imageimageimage
    Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
    1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>OK - so here's a question for you. If the Giants win again, is Tom Coughlin a Hall of Famer? I would assume Eli would be well on his way, but he still has a lot of years ahead. >>

>>

Yet Eli has a long way to go before he catches Bradshaw.

• Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

>>

Yet Eli has a long way to go before he catches Bradshaw. >>

Yes, he needs to appear in the remake of "The Cannonball Run." Then and only then will he of caught up to Terry.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

>>

Yet Eli has a long way to go before he catches Bradshaw. >>

Yes, he needs to appear in the remake of "The Cannonball Run." Then and only then will he of caught up to Terry. >>