Home Sports Talk
Options

Kyle Williams, meet Billy Cundiff

Comments

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    I hate it when games are decided by "goats". That's 2 for 2 today.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    The NFC Championship MVP award should be given to Kyle Williams on behalf of the Giants.

Too bad it's raining buckets right now. If it wasn't I'd expect to see a Kyle Williams effigy on fire in Union Square.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    Me too. But at least I got to see one team I wanted to win pull it off. I wanted Ravens-Giants. Well, I wanted Saints, but.... At least we got a Manning!
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    I wanted to see a 49ers - Ravens Super Bowl. A New England - New York Super Bowl guarantees that I won't be watching.

I missed the Ravens - Patriots game completely but I can imagine.
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I hate it when games are decided by "goats". That's 2 for 2 today. >>

Yep
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Of all the 12 teams in the playoffs, what we have left were the last two I wanted to see in there. Arrgh.

And for the record, when Alex Smith rolls out, forget the play. His passing on the run was worse than awful.
  • Options

<< <i>Of all the 12 teams in the playoffs, what we have left were the last two I wanted to see in there. Arrgh.

And for the record, when Alex Smith rolls out, forget the play. His passing on the run was worse than awful. >>

To be honest I agree with you. In the 2nd half he looked a lot like that other Urban Meyer product...

He gets a free pass this week because of last week.
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I promptly went to Kyle's FB page, liked it and wrote Thanks Kyle his wall.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I hate it when games are decided by "goats". That's 2 for 2 today. >>

Unbelievable...

Though I guess I cant be saying I hate it 100% because 1 "goat" put my Pats in the Super Bowl image
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wanted to see a 49ers - Ravens Super Bowl. A New England - New York Super Bowl guarantees that I won't be watching.

I missed the Ravens - Patriots game completely but I can imagine. >>

You missed a great game with a great ending!!!
  • Options
    As much as I hate Kyle Williams right now, there is local news reporting that he's been getting numerous death threats on his Twitter handle. I just read his mentions and I'm feeling uneasy about what I am seeing @KyleWilliams_10

I'm guessing the folks in Baltimore are giving Cundiff similar treatment right now.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know fans can get carried away all, but death threats? Really? That's just ridiculous, imo..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>I know fans can get carried away all, but death threats? Really? That's just ridiculous, imo.. >>

It's being reported on our news right now. I just read his handle mentions and let's just say it isn't pretty and a lot of the stuff you can't cite here.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    The Ravens were on the Cundiff of victory, had a firm, stiff hold on it then they went Flacco......image
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>As much as I hate Kyle Williams right now, there is local news reporting that he's been getting numerous death threats on his Twitter handle. I just read his mentions and I'm feeling uneasy about what I am seeing @KyleWilliams_10

I'm guessing the folks in Baltimore are giving Cundiff similar treatment right now. >>

They will get over it, the best team won!
  • Options
    The Cowboys should sign Williams and Cundiff (again) just so Jason Garrett can have a legit excuse for failing.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    I had a bad feeling that the Ravens were going to lose that game when they didn't go for it down at the Pats 2 (IIRC) early on. When playing the Pats, why on Earth would you settle for a field goal when you get one of those rare Brady gifts??
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭
    It is always surprising when a coach doesn't seem to realize that the moment is too big for a player. The fumble in overtime was the third in the game for Williams. Harbaugh should have benched him for punt and kickoff returns after his bone-headed decision not to get out of the way on the first punt return fumble. It seemed pretty obvious watching the game that Williams was overwhelmed by the magnitude of the game (or maybe just the conditions) and was not making good decisions.

In my opinion anyone piling on Williams on Twitter and/or Facebook is pretty pathetic. Unfortunately sports seems to upset the moral compass of too many fans, at least temporarily.

Robb
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't remember his name, but 15 for the Giants was playing heads up. nobody but him was going after the ball that glanced off williams leg. And then he recovered the one in overtime also.
  • Options

<< <i>Can't remember his name, but 15 for the Giants was playing heads up. nobody but him was going after the ball that glanced off williams leg. And then he recovered the one in overtime also. >>

My Question is that #15 was clearly out of bounds and I was under the immpression that since he was out of bounds he could not be the first player to touch the live ball?
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    perkdog, I think since the ball glanced off Williams' leg, that counts as having touched it so that ball is up for grabs.
  • Options

<< <i>perkdog, I think since the ball glanced off Williams' leg, that counts as having touched it so that ball is up for grabs. >>

Ok that makes sense, I think I got the rule confused with on a return the player out of bounds cant be the first person to touch it and in this case Williams was