Home Sports Talk
Options

PATRIOTS PATRIOTS PATRIOTS

pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
Brady was not perfect but the kick by Cundiff was great. What a game!!!

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were very fortunate to win that game.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    AC000000AC000000 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    No, The Pats were not "fortunate". The Pats were great
    and The Pats are better. Ravens were "fortunate" to lose
    by only three points and three touchdowns, like the NFC
    team from the east coast is going to suffer.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Well, it was obvious that this was the best defense that the Pats have gone against. I didn't think any of the turnovers were mental mistakes per say. The Ravens forced those with two tips and one stripped ball. The offense did just enough and you have give it to the defense who finally showed up these last few games.

Assuming that Gronk is OK, I think the team is pretty much intact for whomever they'll have to play in Indy.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Ever stop to think that maybe Brady didn't look that great today because of the Ravens defense? Pathetic...
  • Options

LOL, you've been waiting almost three months to post all that?

Ravens had the game won if Evans remembers how to hold on to the ball in the end zone. I know it's been a while since he last caught a TD pass, but really. And then the Bal kicker misses a chip shot FG that would have sent the game into OT. So yes, the Pats were fortunate to win this game, a game they very easily could have lost.

That said, I congratulate the Pats and the fans that aren't from the arrogant faction of the bleacher side. Hello, Paul! image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Ravens were "fortunate" to lose
    team from the east coast is going to suffer. >>

Man, you wait all that time to post and you STILL get it wrong!

LET'S GO GIANTS!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bottom line we won and in the W or L column it dont list reasons why.

We were LUCKY to win today, ofcourse Im ecstatic about it and pumped we are Super Bowl bound however had that WR held on to that TD catch ( which was unbelievable that he didnt ) or had Cundif not completelty choked OT could have gone either way, no statement was made by the Pats in this game we barely got by a very tough defense and a mediocre at best opposing QB.

THAT being said the Giants were very lucky as well for that moron Kyle Williams being in the game... They played a better game than we did.

So here we go again facing what I think is a much better Giants team than we did in '07.

As always I love the Patriots and am crossing my fingers to get by the Giants this time.

Edit : Hi and thanks Tim image
  • Options
    If more Pats fans were like Paul, I could almost not hate them...almost..image

I'll say this: Coughlin did one heck of a job keeping this team on track and Eli has come through time and again when the G-Men needed him. Eli has now clearly surpassed his brother in terms of postseason performances, and if he guides the Giants to another win over the Pats come February 5, Peyton may become the "other" Manning..

• Options
    i cant believe baltimore choked that bad.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They were very fortunate to win that game. >>

No chit. Brady had an off game, and got a second chance. He cannot have a bad game and win SB 46 - we will see.
  • Options

In 2 weeks Brady will be ready!

Patriots 45

unpatriots 28
  • Options
    Pitboss I love your confidence, hopefully you are 100% right as you were about the Baltimore Game!! image
  • Options
    Hopefully Gronk will be ready image
  • Options

Gronk will be ready!
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    I really thought the Pats were a team on borrowed time this year, and it was only a matter of when Brady couldn't carry the team any more, but defense has finally shown up.

The stars do seemed aligned for the Pats. Notice that it just so happens that they've played (and beaten thus far) all the SAME teams that knocked them out of the playoffs since their LAST Superbowl win? The Broncos ('06), the Ravens ('08), kept the Jets out of the playoffs ('09), and now the Giants ('07). This is truly the Pats redemption year if they go all the way.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Pats were very fortunate to win the game. Could easily have gone into overtime had the FG been made and then it wouldh've been a craps shoot. Brady had an off day, coupled with a strong Raven defense made the game closer than I expected.

The Giants were also fortunate to win with the gift fumble.

I'm hanging with the Pats to take back the stinger from the '08 SB. Should be a very high scoring game with Eli and Tom in a passing duel. Pats win 38-24...all the potential for a very exciting game.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    This will be the first time in awhile the Pats will face a really good defense along with a offense that can score.
  • Options
    I think the title of this thread should be changed to: GIANTS GIANTS GIANTS!

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA