Home Sports Talk
Options

Huge EPL game on Sunday

Gunners v. MU, Sunday at ( I think) 11 am eastern time. I didn't know this, but apparently it's the first EPL game to ever be aired live in the U.S. on an over-the-air network. With any luck MU will just get eviscerated, though somehow they've still proven capable of stringing together results with that terrible midfield of theirs. I cannot stand that team, but you do have to give it up to Fergie; the man is one hell of a manager.

Edit to add link: Text

Comments

• Options
    I had to Google "EPL"
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be a good game but I'm afraid my Arsenal side has way too many problems to win.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Should be a good game but I'm afraid my Arsenal side has way too many problems to win. >>

Maybe, but look at MU. They're dragging Paul Sholes' corpse out into midfield, Vidic is out, Ferdinand is old and slow and they've got all kinds of other injury problems. Given RVPs form this year I don't think it's unreasonable to think he could score a brace, especially with the center-half situation being so unsettled for the Red Devils.

But, we'll see on Sunday. In any case, viva The Arsenal!!
  • Options

<< <i>They're dragging Paul Sholes' corpse out into midfield >>

image Good one.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Scholes has looked good! Pretty nuts. It IS a big game. MU can't afford to let City get out even further ahead. City/Spurs is almost as big! Arsenal/Chelsea may fight it out to get into Europe next year. Could be really interesting if Spurs is really this good.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading this thread, now I know what my wife thinks when I talk about the NFL, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Scholes has looked good! Pretty nuts. It IS a big game. MU can't afford to let City get out even further ahead. City/Spurs is almost as big! Arsenal/Chelsea may fight it out to get into Europe next year. Could be really interesting if Spurs is really this good. >>

City/Spurs. What a game! Terrible foul by Ledley in the 93rd. I hate Howard Webb, but he had to call that. Great comeback from Spurs, though, to make it a game after going down 2-0. If Bale sends that ball over to DeFoe a couple of seconds earlier in the 92nd we're talking about an epic Spurs victory.

God, I love soccer. Now on to the Gooners v. MU!
  • Options
    Very dull game so far. We've seen absolutely nothing from Arsenal. I didn't think they would miss Arteta all that much, but I guess I was wrong. Rosicky is just horrible.
  • Options
    Had the draw in hand, then blew it. image

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Nice substitution for Ox - image
    Wondo

• Options

<< <i>Nice substitution for Ox - image >>

Agreed- that was terrible. Vermaelen and Djourou were already overmatched; by taking even more speed of the field Wenger virtually guaranteed that MU would be able to create chances from the wing. Hauling out Arshavin for something like a Stoke fixture is fine, but it's just a terrible move against a team with wingers like Nani and Valencia.