Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Getting a player set registered?

I already filled out a "Set Request Form", but I was wondering how many people it takes before they'll put a new player set on the registry.

On a related note, I'm trying to get a Johnny Bench player set going, but I noticed I'm at the VERY bottom of the list. I'd be interested in getting other Bench fans to request a set, and if you have a particular set you're looking to get on the list, let me know, and maybe we can help each other get our player sets listed on the registry.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    GTbeaker -- Just be patient. Having more people won't help your cause. Unfortunately, there have just been a lot of other requests already made, so you are at the end of the line. BJ and Carol and the computer gurus behind all this have done very well at updating the Registry -- with a little bit of patience, you will have your set listed soon enough...

MS
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    On the other hand...

You MAY be able to speed up the process if you feel like doing some of the legwork that goes in to running down all of the different cards that would be included. Its worked for other sets and has worked for getting sets weighted more quickly. I say "MAY" because I don't know how much else is on the plate currently. Help is usually rewarded with a shorter waiting time ....
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    I dont know how much it helped but I (through ebay) emailed any one buying a Wade Boggs graded card and mentioned the Registry and a link. And why I was emailing them
    x
  • Options
    BJBJ Posts: 393 mod
    Unequivocally, if you send me a spreadsheet for your player set, it will definitely get loaded faster! That's the reward if you do the legwork for me. Even our experts at PSA are unclear about what cards should or shouldn't be in some of players sets, so in many ways, we are relying on the collectors, who are experts for that particular player set, to help us out.

BTW, I'm still waiting to hear back from my Wade Boggs collector who I've asked to review the final list. I had the Boggs set up for awhile, but soon learned that it had too many weird cards in it and of course, it had included all the recent stuff instead of just his play years. If anyone else would like to take a look at the what I think is the final spreadsheet, please email me at bj@collectors.com. I would love to have your feedback.

Thanks.
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
    Set Registry & Special Projects Director
    PCGS (coins) www.pcgs.com
    PSA (cards & tickets) www.psacard.com
  • Options
    Our buddy Boggsey and the term "weird cards" are synonymous image
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Yes -- Kudos to BJ for all her help with the Mike Schmidt Player Set Registry
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.