I hope there is an advanced warning for the issuance of these sets.I believe there was sufficient advance time for the 2011...So when the time comes ..I wonder if the Mint will have another FIASCO ordering dilema on their hands.....
In my opinion Gemineye, there wasn't enough warning about the 25th Anniversary Set when you consider that two of the five coins (proof and bullion) had already been issued and purchased by many collectors before the set was announced. Many collectors wound up buying those coins twice. If I had known the anniversary set was coming, I certainly wouldn't have ordered a proof from the mint earlier in the year.
I think the key point of the Mint statement was that these would only be available in the special sets...different from the 3 coins in the 25th Annie set
<< <i>In my opinion Gemineye, there wasn't enough warning about the 25th Anniversary Set when you consider that two of the five coins (proof and bullion) had already been issued and purchased by many collectors before the set was announced. Many collectors wound up buying those coins twice. If I had known the anniversary set was coming, I certainly wouldn't have ordered a proof from the mint earlier in the year.
JH >>
I think there was more than enough talk and advertisement.The mint's site had this set some time before the issue and there was plenty of talk on this board and many other coin boards...The only problem was the mint's capability to process the influx of orders...If people talked to many of their friends before-hand to order extra sets then there was suficient time to order....JMHO...
Comments
JH
Proof Buffalo Registry Set
Capped Bust Quarters Registry Set
Proof Walking Liberty Halves Registry Set
<< <i>In my opinion Gemineye, there wasn't enough warning about the 25th Anniversary Set when you consider that two of the five coins (proof and bullion) had already been issued and purchased by many collectors before the set was announced. Many collectors wound up buying those coins twice. If I had known the anniversary set was coming, I certainly wouldn't have ordered a proof from the mint earlier in the year.
JH >>
I think there was more than enough talk and advertisement.The mint's site had this set some time before the issue and there was plenty of talk on this board and many other coin boards...The only problem was the mint's capability to process the influx of orders...If people talked to many of their friends before-hand to order extra sets then there was suficient time to order....JMHO...