Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Just went over 90% in 71 Topps BB

All 9s with 2 10s, one of which is the Seaver...last 10% to go. Had to take set composition offline unfortunately due to folks trying to gouge me. I'm all for capitalism, but isnt this still a hobby?

Comments

• Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    Sweet! That must feel good. My '71 is complete but raw. Does that crap really happen? I'm getting close to a set being finished too. I will keep a look out.
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    I am sorry this happened to you.image
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭
    All 9's @ 90% on that particular set is absolutely amazing, and you are
    certifiably insane for even attempting to assemble this.

Do you already have the Munson?

Good luck on the final 75 cards! Feel free to update this thread
    with scans of cards as you get them.
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    image Your accomplishment is off the hook; congratulations!!! Good luck on the last 10% and BTW, yes it is still a hobby (at least for some of us).
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    Yes, I have the Munson as well as pretty much all of the star cards, the remaining cards I need are commons, some have higher pops and some are low pop or even no pop. I am happy to pay fair prices (basically the avg selling price for a particular pop) but folks started targeting the specific cards I needed and jacking the prices through the stratosphere. I don't chase stuff when it doesnt make sense, and I'm fine if it takes me 10 more yrs to finish this, though I am hoping there are some folks who want to help me. And I should mention there have been a couple excellent dealers who have been instrumental in my quest.

EO
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Why not leave your set registered and just switch your settings to 'private'?
    That way you can still use the registry as a checklist and see your
    gpa grow, all the while keeping the selling wolves at bay from gouging you.

By the way, congratulations on your '71 set building. Very impressive on that tough issue.
  • Options
    That's a big accomplishment. I've always wanted to try the 71 set...but those black borders might be too much for my heart to handle. Congrats!
  • Options
    That's quite an accomplishment. You just jumped over me in the rankings. I haven't been buying much lately, so you won't have any competition from me. Good luck making your way to 100%!
  • Options
    Cardbender - I do still use the registry, I meant that I had to change the settings to private so I don't become the poster boy for exploitation lol...
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats
    good luck on the final 10%
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    Please post a scan of your Nettles if you have one image
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Nice....!
    Good for you.
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    Wow that is incredible!

Would love to see some scans of the Munson!

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Congrats -- quite the accomplishment.

Can you share scans of your five to ten favourite cards?
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
  • Options
    I am happy to share scans but every time I try the files are too big to upload, how do I fix that? EO
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>I am happy to share scans but every time I try the files are too big to upload, how do I fix that? EO >>

yes, that is the CU forum's archaic size limit on images of 50kb which is
    exceptionally small in the internet of 2012. Your best bet would be to
    upload or host the images on a web hosting site (like imageshack or flickr
    or another free image hosting site). Once the images are uploaded to another
    site, you can then post them by clicking on the button with the "picture" image icon and
    entering the URL to the image.
  • Options
    How about PSA changes the size of the files you can upload at gets with the times!
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>How about PSA changes the size of the files you can upload at gets with the times! >>

Putting on my PSA IT manager's hat - why the hell should they buy all the extra hardware to do that, when anyone who has "gotten with the times" already has somewhere else to host their images?
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    It doesn't take a lot of cash to buy a couple TB's of disk space, not to
    mention most messageboards allow you to upload images that are much
    bigger. It's probably just a matter of CU changing the settings, but they're
    too lazy to do it (ie. they have plenty of space already).

EO, if you want to email me the scans I will upload them to imageshack
    and post them here. Feel free to send me a PM. Another solution would
    be to just shrink or compress your pictures to less than 50kb.

• Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    unreal and wow, all rolled into one.
  • Options
    If anybody has low pops I may need to finish the set please email me, I pay full prices, just not absurd ones!

Thanks,

EO
  • Options
    Man, the progress has slowed to a trickle! Brutal.