Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Frankie FUN Find...Fifty Four S (dang S)

labloverlablover Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just a little something I found at FUN for the Frankie fans.

1954-S PCGS MS66

image
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Comments

  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NICE!!! image

    Congrats on such a FUN purchase Jim!!!
  • Options
    deltadimemandeltadimeman Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    the tarnish on that coin is funtastic !
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 23,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW!
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

    In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

    image
  • Options
    rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, that coin is virtually identical to one I bought raw ca. 1997 (for a lousy $5!) before most people cared about toners. For some idiotic reason, I flipped it, and regretted it ever since. I wonder if it's the same coin, or one from a similar (mint set?) storage method? Pretty coin!
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 9,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a beauty! image
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Frankie.

    I predict that some other pretty colors will be assaulting your eye balls in the next day or soimage
  • Options
    Congratulations on a beautiful 1954-S Franklin pick-up! I also scored on the 1954-S Franklin at the FUN Show, buying an uncirculated 40-coin "shotgun" roll of that issue. I've been buying BU half dollar rolls to increase my precious metals holdings and this was the first shotgun roll that I've encountered. This roll was wrapped in the original San Francisco Federal Reserve Bank wrapper.
    "Clamorous for Coin"
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I wonder if it's the same coin, or one from a similar (mint set?) storage method? Pretty coin! >>



    Doubt it's the same coin as it's newly graded. But, it is from a Double Mint Set.



    << <i>I predict that some other pretty colors will be assaulting your eye balls in the next day or so >>



    Yep, most likely...just a bit smaller in size.



    << <i>I also scored on the 1954-S Franklin at the FUN Show, buying an uncirculated 40-coin "shotgun" roll of that issue >>



    How cool is that!!! I've never have the luck of finding the "right" shotgun rolls for my taste. Great find!

    Thanks all for the comments...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wild! Very nice and congrats...

    ABimage
  • Options
    CoppercolorCoppercolor Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭
    Great coin Jim, and it was fun standing next to you while you bought it! Looks great in the photo and even better in hand.

    I'd like my copper well done please!
  • Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    Let me guess.... you got that from a guy with initials DK?
  • Options
    CoppercolorCoppercolor Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Let me guess.... you got that from a guy with initials DK? >>



    And word has it that the coin sat for a long time in the infamous Pawpaul collection. And the coin was in an NGC 65 holder when he acquired it, word has it that is.
    I'd like my copper well done please!
  • Options
    Very nice! Love this type of toning!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file