Home Sports Talk

What Brand Golf Clubs Do You Have

Just curious. I haven't been able to play golf in about 6 years now due to my health. I still have my clubs though
and have to go in my junk room and visit with them every so often. The closest I come to golf now is to watch on TV or
Tiger Woods on Wii.

I have a set of Ping Eye 1 black dot irons - 1 through a SW including the 2 iron and a set of Ping Eye 2 woods, 1, 3, 4, 5, & 7.
I have a Peerless Putter.

Ron
Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.

Comments

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ping Eye2 black dot irons- old school
    Ping blade putter-old school
    Calloway Big Bertha driver

I still sort of suck. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • MJ,

The reason I work night shift now is because I did it to be able to play golf in the mornings then. I used to play 4 to 6 times a week. I was single so I didn't have to "splain" myself to anyone. We usually played 4 different courses a week. Would walk Monday through Thursday and ride on Fridays because it was payday.

Ron
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    King Cobra oversize irons, Callaway war bird 3 and 7 woods, Taylor Made rescue club, Ping Rapture 460cc 10.5 Driver, Cleveland 56 degree wedge, Pelz lob wedge, Ping Zing 2 putter. I take sucking to a whole new level. Last year I had my ball retriever regripped.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ping Eye2 black dot irons- old school
    Ping blade putter-old school
    Calloway Big Bertha driver

I still sort of suck. MJ >>

That's me too. Not sure if black dot or what exact model but I got my Ping irons about 1999. I had always wanted Ping irons and still love them. My Ping putter is my grandma's hand-me-down from when I took up golf about 1980. Also rockin' the Calloway old skool Big Bertha which is probably half as big as current drivers. I finally had to get rid of Ping woods in the early 00's. They were cool looking but sprayed the ball on occasion. image No operator error involved though.
    I forget to include my Cleveland 60 degree wedge. I have stories with this club that best be told when the chidrens are in bed...........MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    My friends say I need new clubs ... I'm trying to get a few more seasons out of these:

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The closest I come to golf now is to watch on TV or
    Tiger Woods on Wii. >>

What version do you play? 2012? What's your best round?
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I have a set of wilson clubs if I rememberr right, haven't touched them in 14 years. stopped golfing...and bowling after my daughter was born. maybe when she finishes college in about six years I'll look for them in the basement.....
  • dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    I have some Nike irons, a Nike 5, a Bertha driver and Callaway 3, and an old dead head putter (Wilson I think) which I haven't been able to find a better substitute for, even though I own a Cleveland & Nike putter. I've tried 7-10 different putters, but that old piece of garbage has that perfect feel, for me, to put with the most consistency. I don't play enough to be great, but enough to have some solid rounds.
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a great thread-

Nice pictures- I have several clubs- most of my clubs are 20-30 years old. I do have this Callaway 5 iron-graphite shaft that is probably over 10 years old that is probably the best iron I have ever hit.

I still like persimmon woods-

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Calloway X12 irons. Odessy putter. Various expensive pre-owned woods.
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Dunlop irons and woods, Ping G10 Driver, Nike sand wedge, Ping putter that looks like an Odysey but also have an Odysey in the bag.

For Christmas, my brother got me a set of 3 Spin Doctor Wedges. Got to play on New Years Day and got 1 to spin back about 20 feet. Can't wait to get out and try those some more.

If you've never heard of the Spin Doctor wedges check it out -

• << <i>

<< <i>The closest I come to golf now is to watch on TV or
    Tiger Woods on Wii. >>

What version do you play? 2012? What's your best round? >>

The 2012 Masters version. My best round is either 22 or 23 under par from the black tees with the expert flag locations. Don't remember what course, Coasta Novarino I think.

Ron
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    Titleist zm bladesimage
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Mizuno irons and Nike woods
  • mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The 2012 Masters version. My best round is either 22 or 23 under par from the black tees with the expert flag locations. Don't remember what course, Coasta Novarino I think.
    >>

Wow. That course is really easy, but that's still a great score.
  • jwgatorsjwgators Posts: 460 ✭✭
    Taylor Made R580 driver and V-steel 3 wood, Mizuno MP-30 irons, Cleveland 900 wedges and a Ping putter.
    Joel
  • Taylor Made
    Doug, where is the old Billy Baroo at?

MJ

• << <i>Doug, where is the old Billy Baroo at?

MJ >>

Oh Billy, Billy, Billy. One of my favorite scenes from a movie.

Ron

• DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last year purchased the Ping forged anser irons and Ping driver and 3 wood.

I have about 20 putters.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never played a round of golf until I was in my 30s back in late 70s or early 80s. I had an old beat up putter which I used until 1994 when I joined my present Club. The Pro told me my putter was a piece of crap so I bought a new one in 94. Still using it today. 30+ years, 2 putters.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Doug, where is the old Billy Baroo at?MJ >>

Right Here!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.