Options

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlackieBlackie Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭
by one touchdown....................the UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA

1964 Topps Football

Comments

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was talk on the local KNBR sports talk radio show in No. Cal. today that the college football title game must be played BEFORE the NFL playoffs begin.

Makes sense to me. The culmination of the college football season deserves to have the limelight and sole attention of the sports public and general public. Having the title game played the Monday after the opening weekend of NFL playoff games just makes no sense.

Around my part of No. Cal. there has been little if any talk about college football since the bowl games on 1-1-2012 and 1-2-2012. Probably the same in other parts of the country outside of the south.

Roll Tide and Go Tigers. Just hope for an entertaining game.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Around my part of No. Cal. there has been little if any talk about college football since the bowl games on 1-1-2012 and 1-2-2012. Probably the same in other parts of the country outside of the south. >>

It's us and the New York City area that care the least about college football. As successful as Stanford (my alma mater) has been in the last few years they rarely sell out games despite the low 55,000 seat capacity of Stanford stadium. This season only three games were sold out. Across the Bay at Cal they do a little better but the fan base is mostly relegated to alums, boosters and the guy who has a cousin whose son's uncle's nephew's brother goes to Cal. San Jose State? I think the Earthquakes draw more people.

As I've stated before, college ball just doesn't do it for me. I'd rather watch a regular season NFL game over a college game, even if ranked teams are playing. Right or wrong, in the Bay Area it's all about the Niners and Raiders. The Golden Bears, Cardinal and Spartans are an afterthought. Ditto for NYC.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    This game sucks.
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wei.

How right you are. I have live in No. Cal. and the SF Bay Area since 1978-81 and 1986 to the present. During this entire time pro sports rule and college sports take a back seat,.................. way back, even when Cal or Stanford make some noise on the national level.
  • Options
    bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    ROLL TIDEimage
  • Options
    Trent Richardson l ooks likeimage
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice option to the back of your player and into the other teams hands.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options

<< <i>Nice option to the back of your player and into the other teams hands. >>

that was image up

I had to rewind that like 3 times.
  • Options
    LSU is flat out lost out there. They have no idea what to do.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Is that Musburger doing the play-by-play? Whomever it is, calling him verbally annoying is an understatement.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    It does suck
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭
    Told ya!! Roll tide

If ya dont like it eat a d€€k
    1964 Topps Football
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    RTR can't believe it.....LSU congrats on a good season. You will be back next year.
  • Options
    Shutout!
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options
    I'm surprised that this wasn't the result in the first game @ Bama.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you were an Alabama supporter, a Les Mile's LSU hater, love field goal attempts, bet the under or took Alabama's and the point that game SUCKED to watch. Terrible. Just an awful National Championship Game. ZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzz

Congrat's to Alabama just the same.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    One player: Jordan Jefferson. He made bad decision after bad decision. The LSU defense was very good. To only lose 21-0 when Jefferson put on the performance he did was amazing. It should have been more like 49-0. All props to Alabama for a great game and a deserved title. As an LSU guy, I just wish we'd have given Lee the ball in the 3rd quarter for at least a fresh look.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭✭
    What a boring and terrible game. Not a surprise since we got to see an equally terrible and boring game between the same teams earlier this season.

Fortunately it looks like college bowls are slowly dying as interest wains. I did not watch a significant part of any bowl game this season except the BCS championship. Since college football is all about $$s something will change to give us more games people care about during bowl season. Either a playoff of some sort (plus one initially) or the removal of the BCS title game would be my guess.

Robb
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    By the looks of the ratings, the people on this post (myself not included) were the only ones to watch the game. Worst in the BCS era. Ouch, but haha at ESPN.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is that Musburger doing the play-by-play? Whomever it is, calling him verbally annoying is an understatement. >>

IMHO he is the most annoying broadcaster doing the big network games on TV. (basbeall network TV anouncers are another topic...)

during the Rose Bowl i'd get a little acid reflux evey time he incorporated "The Grandaddy of Them All" in his fingernails-across-the-chalk board comments.

BTW great game "Roll Tide!"
  • Options

<< <i>By the looks of the ratings, the people on this post (myself not included) were the only ones to watch the game. Worst in the BCS era. Ouch, but haha at ESPN. >>

Thats because outside of the sec, no one cared. One game between those teams were enough.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>By the looks of the ratings, the people on this post (myself not included) were the only ones to watch the game. Worst in the BCS era. Ouch, but haha at ESPN. >>

Thats because outside of the sec, no one cared. One game between those teams were enough. >>

No disagreement here.