Home Sports Talk
Options

Before the obligatory haters show up.....

I must congratulate the Lions on a fine season that did wonders for restoring the faith in this trifling team/town! Congrats to Stafford and making a name for himself as a top tier QB and congrats to Calvin Johnson for embarrassing Chris Carter by proving he is one of the league's best receivers. To take this team to the next level, more discipline and growing up needs to happen so that they don't continuously beat themselves with penalties. Also, the defense will need to step it up a notch or two (see last week and tonight for reference!). Otherwise, the Lions are to be taken seriously once again!! And, of course, congrats to the Saints on their victory and Brees on another monumental season. I can't recall the last punt-less game I've seen!!

Comments

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lions are scary good on offense. Only going to get better. The future is bright.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>I must congratulate the Lions on a fine season that did wonders for restoring the faith in this trifling team/town! Congrats to Stafford and making a name for himself as a top tier QB and congrats to Calvin Johnson for embarrassing Chris Carter by proving he is one of the league's best receivers. To take this team to the next level, more discipline and growing up needs to happen so that they don't continuously beat themselves with penalties. Also, the defense will need to step it up a notch or two (see last week and tonight for reference!). Otherwise, the Lions are to be taken seriously once again!! And, of course, congrats to the Saints on their victory and Brees on another monumental season. I can't recall the last punt-less game I've seen!! >>

Don't think you'll be getting any response from haters... short of DIMEMAN or dimeman remembering their passwords, but it was a good season overall for the Lions and one that bodes well for the next. Congrats!
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detroit is really impressive. Johnson is an absolute freak. Man......

Congrats to Lions on a great season. Nice work.

Look out next year.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    No hating here. As a 49ers faithful we wanted an upset and relative to the last few decades this was one of the best seasons ever for the Lions. The Saints are an offense powerhouse especially indoors but outdoors is another story. Preliminary weather forecast for San Francisco next weekend is showing cool and cloudy with a chance for rain. If that weather materializes the Saints will be at a significant disadvantage.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't think you'll be getting any response from haters... short of DIMEMAN or dimeman remembering their passwords, but it was a good season overall for the Lions and one that bodes well for the next. Congrats! >>

Don't worry about that. At least the Lions made the playoffs while the Cowgirls rode off into vacation time despite their overrated, weak division.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Lions are not at the point where they can overcome bad calls like great teams do. They also need to make the plays on defense in order to beat good teams. Very nice season just the same.

The parts are in place...........MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Is it really even Football anymore?
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is it really even Football anymore? >>

Not really, it's like a pinball machine/arena league game these days. Whatever team has the ball last, wins.
  • Options
    Defense sucks and they cannot tackle.

Offense looks good and will only get better with a running back next year.
    South of Heaven...North of Canada