Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1999(p) Kennedy Half Dollar (PCGS-MS68) EBAY!

wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just posted a 1999(p) Kennedy Half Dollar grading PCGS-MS68 on ebay with an opening bid of $.50 and no reserve. It would be a great coin for a top Registry set. The ebay auction # is 1346896172. Thanks for looking. Wondercoin.
Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Comments

• Options
    littlewicherlittlewicher Posts: 1,822 ✭✭
    Link Ho much are you planning on it selling for?

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
  • Options
    Brian: Thanks for the link image

BTW, your coin ships out tomorrow.

I really have no idea what the coin will bring on ebay. It is really a pretty underrated coin still. Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Mitch, Kennedy MS68 coins are a value at the $1,000-$1,500 price that the low pop ones bring. Just try making an ms68 and you'll see what I mean. I view these as a reasonanble modern coin investment at these prices.
  • Options
    littlewicherlittlewicher Posts: 1,822 ✭✭
    Wow I just checked on the price. Now over $500! I was thinking of putting a bid in when it was like $20.image Where do all these people get their money from?image I can't believe the price on some of these moderns.

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
  • Options
    I get my money from working How about You? Also I would not be surprised to see a final sale price of over $1000.00 on this coin Hoyt
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the pop on this coin?
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭

I believe as of today 04/18, the pop is 7.
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • Options
    MonstavetMonstavet Posts: 1,235 ✭✭
    Zoiks! The bid is over $500 for it! Well over ten times what you would pay for an MS67 example! With a week to go! Wow!
    Send Email or PM for free veterinary advice.
  • Options
    I just checked the online pop and it shows a pop of 4 for the 99p 50c with 307 graded PCGS MS68 Kennedys other than the 01p which has 41 in MS68 are just very hard to get. Hoyt
  • Options
    The online pop shows 4, but the set registry shows 7. How recent are these 3 additions?

What does the online pop report show for 1883 NC Liberty Nickels in PR65DCAM? I know the March printed version does not show mine, which was graded in February, but it shows mine plus another non-listed one in 66 in the Set Registry.

Just curious how often the online pop report is getting updated.
  • Options
    "Zoiks! The bid is over $500 for it! Well over ten times what you would pay for an MS67 example! With a week to go! Wow!"

Monsta: Actually, my price today on 1999(p) Kennedy Half Dollars in PCGS-MS67 is $30, so it is approaching 20x the undergrade image

One thing I believe we all can agree on - this ebay auction is certainly not being fueled by auction description "hype" and an enhanced scan image Wondercoin.

P.S. Since I bought this coin already slabbed, I can not "swear" to its "true pop", but my best guess is that it is a pop 7/0 - again, I could be wrong here.

• Options
    Wow Am I Pissed I just paid $39.50 for the Most current information possible only to find out the Numbers are wrong and outdated. I am seeing a lawsuit here. The online pop report shows 1 for 1883 NC Liberty Nickels in PR65DCAM with 2 in 66DCAM

• Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    An extra advantage for this coin is the double (triple or more) duty it can pull. The 20th Century type sets cannot use the more attainable 2001 coins, so that makes this a prime coin. Of course, the Kennedy set, and even the 1950-Present type sets... at least you can sell off the 2001 MS68 to help pay for it.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    Hey lets quit the hype on this coin its just another Kennedy that will look ok in my soon to be # 2 set.....

Mitch that bin,76s MS 68 has gotten lost in the mail....image
  • Options
    The online pop is up to date on my PRDCAM Liberty Nickel. It shows mine + the new one in 66, (one of these two is on ebay right now). This would mean that the pop on this Kennedy has gone from 4 to 7 in the last 4-6 weeks. (maybe less time than that)
  • Options
    Matt: Congratulations on that achievement!

You may remember that even when I purchased your former #1 Mint State Kennedy Half Dollar set a year or so ago, you had placed an approximate value of around $700-$800 (as I recall) on the 2000(p) Kennedy in PCGS-MS68. With the rise in prices for many Kennedys in MS67, the MS68 coins really have not "gone through the roof" (I believe the 1999(p) was unheard of in MS68 grade last year and would have likely commanded far more than the 2000(p) at that time-right?)

As Matt correctly noted in another thread, pops on many of these Kennedys has risen steady right along with prices. The 1999(p) Kennedy has been a heavily submitted date, especially relative to the coins in the Kennedy series. Wondercoin
  • Options
    Congrats to Matt on his aquisition of this coinimage
    FORMER # 1 NOW # 3 ON ALL TIME FINEST CLAD QUARTER COLLECTION

PCGS THE ONLY WAY TO GO

Ed