Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1953-S PCGS MS65FS

The sale of this coin has ended.

Planchet flaw up by eye with small nick and very minor ticks on side of mouth. Amazingly
markfree along cheek and jawline to the ear.

As you can see, this coin will need a new holder. Scuff marks in upper left of pic are on the holder.
The consequences of placing your slabs on flat surfaces.

As can be seen, there's little holding this coin back from residing in a MS66FS Secure Plus holder.
Above average strike. Lustrous prooflike surfaces.

If and When the coin is about to be sold, I reserve the right to give the "Going Once, Going Twice, Sold!" within a 24 hour notice to be fair to everyone. Or I just might end the sale sooner.

Use the PM function. No updates will be posted publicly on the forum.
Offers will be discussed privately.
Good luck to everyone!

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

Comments

• Options
    Price? image
  • Options
    Schmitz7Schmitz7 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭
    I have never seen that nice of a Monticello on a 53-S. This must have been a true first strike. Nice coin!!
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have never seen that nice of a Monticello on a 53-S. This must have been a true first strike. Nice coin!! >>

Thank you Tim! It almost makes you want to get back into Jeffersons. image

• Options
    stephunterstephunter Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭
    Very nice 53-S!
  • Options

<< <i>Very nice 53-S! >>

With a record 6 different photos of the obverse, is there a better coin out there? image

• Options
    Due to some new activity on this coin, this sale will end sometime Monday night.

Remember to use the PM function or use my email address; lestroup@msn.com to make your offer.

Again, best of luck to everyone!

Regards, Leon

• Options
    cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    Ya missed ya chance in 2012 as Heritage Signature Sale at FUN has already come and gone! That auction is probably the best place to realize top money, especially for a condition-rarity.