Home PSA Set Registry Forum

What are your 2012 Registry Goals

What plans do you guys have for your Registry Sets in 2012?

Being a collector that has a really difficult time Focusing, i decided that in 2012 i will set my sights on these Registries:

Post War HOF Rookie Set

George Brett Master Set
Mike Schmidt Master Set
Dwight Gooden Master Set
Keith Hernandez Master Set
Gary Carter Master Set
Graig Nettles Master Set
Thurman Munson Master Set

i picked the "Master Sets" mainly because of the bias against O-Pee-Chee, but also because i feel it will keep me more Focused in the long run.

My Post War HOF RC Set is coming along nicely, im down to 10 with the 48 Leaf SPs being the "big ones" still needed

i also want to post some "write ups" on my player pages. i really enjoy what other set collectors have to write on their individual player and/or Set pages.
Sadly there dont seem to be that many people that bother/desire to post write ups.

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle

Comments

• gemintgemint Posts: 6,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, I'd like to knock off my 1968 baseball set (I'm 4 away for PSA 8 or better) and one other. I'll also continue upgrading my 1969 baseball set. In 2011 I managed to finish off my 1971 baseball set.
  • DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭

1. Finish my 1991 Topps Desert Shield set in PSA 9 or better.
    2. Start my next three sets: 1964, 1965, and 1974 in PSA 7 or better.
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Become number 1 in the Killebrew Master set. I am not sure I have the grades to pull it off, but I should have the highest completion %...................at least til the other guys notice.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    My goal is to consolidate. I need to trim the fat and get focused (hey - that's my goal physically too!!!). I've got my hands in too many things. I need to cut it in half at least.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • I just got back in the hobby after a 10 year hiatus, so my goals aren't as robust I don't think. Haha. I would like to surpass the 25% completion mark for my Henderson master list though. Up to only about 11%. I'd also like to complete his basic Topps set. Some of those are tough in a 10, not including his RC, which isn't tough. It's dern near impossible.
  • epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    1) Complete and/or Upgrade the following sets:
    1A) Brett Favre Basic Set
    1B) Albert Pujols Basic Set

2) Break the 60% barrier on the 1988-89 Fleer Basketball set in PSA 10

3) Add, at minimum, 3 more pre-1965 PSA 8 Hank Aaron cards to my Basic set

4) Complete 2 more Baseball Player Rookie Sets in PSA 10 (undecided who though so far)
  • JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    1. Complete my Mathews Master set and move to #1.
    2. Complete Teixeira Basic Set.
    3. Get my Teixeira Master set to 40%.
    4. Complete my Bob Feller mid-grade Basic Set and finish this display frame I'm working on for it.
    5. Get my 1969 Topps set up to 10% in 8.5 or higher - this will be a 6-7 year long project that I'm starting on.
    6. Obtain a 57 Brooks Robinson in 8 or better. (Did this before Christmas, but settled for a 7).
    7. Obtain a 67 Rod Carew in 8 or better.
    8. Obtain a 54 Aaron 6 or better.
  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Complete my all time Saints Registry - Finished it yesterday when my sub popped - pushed me to #1!
    2. Finish Saints Team HOF Registry
    3. Finish La Tech FB Rookies Registry
    4. Work on LSU FB Rookies Registry.
    5. Continue to work on HOF FB Rookies Slowly, Future HOF FB Rookies and a few players sets.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    1) My newly-started "Glory Days" Cowboys set. 64-78 (maybe 81). I'd like to get up to 25% or so this year, maybe more if I focus on the late 70's more.
    2) My newly-started Texas Rangers 1970's set (71-79). Huge fan in those mediocre years. LIke to see this reach 50% this year.
    3) Get my 1970 Baseball Master up to 85%-90% complete, and get the GPA over 8 by upgrading some key ones.
    4) Finish my raw Fleer WS sets.
    5) Get my Topps 60's and 70's World Series sets over 50%.

Avoid debtor's prison while doing the above. image
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq

• Sell, sell and sell some more. I have collected and started too many sets and I want to get it to a level that I can get a grasp on it and maybe complete some of these sets that I started. I will also sell some autographs and memorabilia in the next year to fund my sets that I want to complete.
  • Find a 1960 complete bazooka box with Roberto Clemente in any grade - to complete a 20 year search!! Add a couple of superstars to my Venezuelan collection.
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Complete my Hershiser basic set, get my Basic Ichiro Topps Set to a 10.00, and complete at least one of my Mariners team sets.
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make progress on my 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8. I presently have 510 and 37 others in less than 8. Should be a reachable goal this year as if I purchase one I am making progress.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• gemintgemint Posts: 6,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Make progress on my 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8. I presently have 510 and 37 others in less than 8. Should be a reachable goal this year as if I purchase one I am making progress. >>

Hopefully you already have the Curt Simmons in PSA 8.
  • nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to pick up a PSA 9 Sid Gillman rookie card. That's the biggest hole in my 1960 Fleer football set. Other than that, I'll continue to pick away at my other 1960s football sets.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Make progress on my 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8. I presently have 510 and 37 others in less than 8. Should be a reachable goal this year as if I purchase one I am making progress. >>

Hopefully you already have the Curt Simmons in PSA 8. >>

I have that card in NM-MT condition. Problem is PSA didn't see it that way. Biggest problem is I need many of the more expensive cards. I've decided to stop purchasing the lower cost cards and save up for a Mantle. Don't believe I purchased any since Springtime.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• HallcoHallco Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking that I may actually start another set! I only have ONE! image LOL! That one is 100% complete and currently #11, but I'm not really interested in upgrading it anytime soon. I am still trying to figure out what set is realistic for an unfocused collector like myself! image
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Oh, and I want to get my Transformers set finished too!