Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

I think I'm going to sell my Larry Bird Master set

I just don't have the will to pursue this set anymore. I started feeling this way after they added all those matchbook covers to the set and it just really turned me off. I'm also not a huge fan of a few of the junky foreign cards that are included. There's a million others just like them so what to stop people from grading these and adding them all to the set. I'm still a huge Bird fan and I'll continue to build my basic set, but the master set is going to cost me a forture to complete. I think my resources would be better spent on sets that I have some hope of completing this decade. My set is all PSA 10 and it's just under 20% complete.

I'm wondering if I should just list all my PSA 10's on ebay? Feel free to venture any opinions if you want.

Thanks

Bernie Kosar collector

Comments

• Options
    kerryvillekerryville Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    List them. You will find another master set builder.
    Looking for:
    1992 Collectors Edge Football case?
  • Options
    I could use your PSA 10 1991 Skybox Larry Bird/Robert Parish #460 if you decide to move it. if interested in selling, send an reply or PM. I will be at the Patriots/Bills game today, but will check tonight when I get back. Thanks! Happy New Year!
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS: BKritz; Akuracy503; Rogermjn; MBMiller25; Artimus; JasonM32; Burke23; Alnavman; InitialD; Gregmo32; Ping4u43; Rbdjr1; Rexvos; Drewsef; Italianstallionyankees; Zep33; Samsgirl214; Bunker; Swartz1; MeteoriteGuy; Itzagoner; VitoCo1972; Saucywombat; RaptorsRule04; Dboneesq; Hallco; ldferg; Hawaii76; Epatmythes; Vladguerrero; Calaban7; Cardcounter2; BobS; Recbball; BarkusD; ShootyBabitt: WalterSobchak; Mrmint23; Nightcrawler729
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    Let it go... You may have been looking for a reason to stop the insanity, which I can only assume is attached to the proliferation of what the "Master Set" is supposed to be.

It's a big mistake for the registries to change the playing field / rules in the middle of the game. BIG MISTAKE...

I'm sure some jerk is thinking, "Oh yeah, let's just add these and the schmucks will just continue to gobble & grade them up -- great for us!"....

OR...you could keep all the cards & simply delete all the cards in it until they change the set back to where it's "supposed to be". Supposed to be is defined, in my book, as what they originally listed the set as...
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    JasonM32JasonM32 Posts: 170 ✭✭
    Were doing matchbook covers and magnets now. What's next? I collect cards. I prefer to collect cards from established and legitimate companies. Fleer, Topps, Upper Deck, etc. I'm not looking to purchase every cheaply made knock-off looking card that was ever created. They are ugly and usually in poor condition. I do not belive that a master set should include anything and everything. This leads to greedy people grading one of something, adding it to the master set and listing it for sale at $1500 because it's a 1 of 1. I don't enjoy being treated like a fool and ripped off just because I'm deeply comitted in my collection.

Sorry to go off on a rant. I haven't made my final decision yet. Thanks for the feedback.

Bernie Kosar collector

• Options
    Lol. I chickened out. I considered selling my Larry Bird cards but I couldn't do it. I decided to just not collect the cards that I don't like and leave my set less than 100% complete. It's going to take a long time to get all the cards I want anyway. I'm a Laker guy but I really grew to love Larry Bird over the years.

Bernie Kosar collector