Home Sports Talk
Options

The Winter Classic....Flyers vs. Rangers

Will any casual or non-hockey fans be turning into this, or is this just another boring hockey game ?

I watched the alumni game and it was awesome.

Comments

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I'll have to catch the Alumni game on rerun...how did Lindros and Parent look? The Winter Classic will make for much better TV than whatever crappy college bowl game is on at that time.
  • Options
    Lindros looked well, and Duguay gave Bernie an easy save. Bernie only played the first five
    minutes, and the Ranger shooters showed great respect for him by giving him nothing difficult.

• Options

<< <i>I'll have to catch the Alumni game on rerun...how did Lindros and Parent look? The Winter Classic will make for much better TV than whatever crappy college bowl game is on at that time. >>

The alumni game was a fun watch. I'm a bit disappointed I won't be watching live but I'll have it taping. Every year I get into either the Capital One or Champs Bowl for free due to a friend with connections. It ended up being the Capital One bowl this year so I'll be watching South Carolina and Nebraska go at it tomorrow afternoon instead of the "Classic". Too bad they've had bad luck with warm weather the past couple years.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Rangers uniforms were awesome. Love the creme base. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty good game. Wish the Flyers scored on that penalty shot so we could have OT.
  • Options
    It's just another boring hockey game.

Wake me up in March
    South of Heaven...North of Canada
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i enjoyed the alumni game and the "Classic"

it probably won't go too far West because rain could be more of an issue than temperature
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changed channels several times to try to watch it, but there was a stupidly long pre-game "show" on. Finally got frustrated and got interested in something else. Why is it that every time there's a show on that is worth watching, the network has to milk it until it's not worth bothering with? I guess I am just getting old and crabby but I really can't see 1 1/2 hours of BS before a hockey game. LET'S PLAY!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Definitely not the way to celebrate after the game.

No Brotherly Love Here

I know many Flyers fans and these idiots are not reflective of them.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.