Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

White Whale Found/Bought and Happy New Year!!

After a long search, and after reaching out to a few people, I finally found my white whale for this Mathews Master set. This isn't a major purchase, but it is quite difficult to find these gray back 54's, so I though this would be post worthy. I've looked at almost every auction I could find for it. For months at a time, I went as far as messaging every ebay auction that had a 54 Mathews asking to see the back of the card if they didn't display it. It wasn't until I googled 54 Mathews Gray Back did I find one: Link

After contacting ALR-Bishop on the Net54 boards and asking if he was willing to part with his 54 Mathews Gray Back, we were able to come to terms on a deal.

(My apologies for the poor scan - I'll try and have a better one available later today).

It's not easy to see in the scan, but there is a wrinkle that starts mid left which arcs through his mouth to the right edge of the card. There's another wrinlke going through the Braves logo. Viewed in the SGC holder, neither are seen on the reverse of the card. I'll inspect it furthur after cracking the holder.

I'll be sending it in as soon as USPS opens and hoping to complete this Master Set by end of January (I have many others in for sub right now).

I know he reads these boards but I'm not sure what handle he uses. But, thank you very much, Al for allowing me this aquisition and satisfaction!

Happy New Year to everyone!

Justin

Comments