Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1965 Topps set...still growing!

Now up to 17 people. I started this set in Januaruy and there were only 9 people including me. I guess the positive is that as people upgrade like Zeder4 (thanks for the cards) it will allow others to get their sets updated.

Zach
Zach

Comments

• Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    The success of the 65 set is due to the relaxed entry standards -- as opposed to the 72 set which requires background checks, blood tests, and a dexterity challenge...
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options

<< <i>The success of the 65 set is due to the relaxed entry standards -- as opposed to the 72 set which requires background checks, blood tests, and a dexterity challenge... >>

lol
    Zach
  • Options
    Not only that but you don't even have to be "cool" to get in.

wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options

<< <i>but you don't even have to be "cool" to get in. >>

Thats very true...

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    NeilDowneyNeilDowney Posts: 840 ✭✭
    Hi Guys, I am a 1972 Topps collector and a member of what most are calling "THE FAB FIVE". I am currently in fourth place and a week from going over 86% complete. I am writing to you guys because I am very interested in the 1965 Topps set. Is there any advice that anyone can give me if I decide to take the plunge? Neilimage
  • Options
    Neil,

Send me an email psa1965topps@yahoo.com

Brian

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    NeilDowneyNeilDowney Posts: 840 ✭✭
    Hi Brian, I just did. Neilimage
  • Options
    Neil,

First I would say that if you are thinking about collecting the 1965 set in psa 8 it is probably a great time as many cards are selling well below smr. The low pops and 9's go very high but you may not need them right away and who knows - they may be high pop cards next week.

The 65 set does have several cards that are hard to come by but it doesn't have the "next to impossible" cards such as the white letter cards of the 69 set.

Another good thing about the set is that it is visually very attractive (in my opinion anyways) and should be decent for resale as it is a very popular set to collect. It also has I believe 5 hall of famers rookie cards.

But the best thing is there are some great people collecting the set. They make it a lot of fun. Good luck in your decision.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football