Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1990 Fleer Canadian baseball

So I came across a nice lot of these cards. I dont have them in hand yet but they are in transit. Anyone else collect this set? 1990 Fleer Canadian are really tough to find. There isnt much of it listed on ebay and when they are, prices are pretty high. Hopefully I will finish my set I have been working on for about 6 years.

Comments

• Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Looks like there's a complete set on ebay right now, starting bid of $45
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    no kidding....thats a great price if it gets no bids. Ive never seen a complete set for sale.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't think they are super rare, if they become highly sought I'll make a killing.
  • Options

<< <i>no kidding....thats a great price if it gets no bids. Ive never seen a complete set for sale. >>

There were factory sets in addition to packs...
  • Options
    I never heard of a 1990 Fleer Canadian factory set. Do you have a reference where I can read? Although, they did have a small boxed set in 1990 that I know about.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I dont remember where I got this information but what I remember about it....said to have made only 1000 cases, boxes have 48 packs with packs containing 10 cards instead of the USA version where boxes contain 36 packs of 15 cards. If that information is accurate, there are approximately 14,500 cards of each player. No, not super rare but still tough to find. How many people have them and have no idea that is what is sitting in their commons boxes or were burned in the "worthless" pile? lol
  • Options
    I've owned the factory sets, if that sets sells I'll did some out... I'm in Canada

<< <i> or were burned in the "worthless" pile? lol >>

like this?
  • Options
    Doesnt seem like a set would be that hard. How many Expos and Blue Jays cards could they have possibly made. image
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Anyone else think of this card when you hear 1990 and Expos?

• Options

<< <i>I've owned the factory sets, if that sets sells I'll did some out... I'm in Canada

<< <i> or were burned in the "worthless" pile? lol >>

like this? >>

Some good information right there! Wonder why they just dont pop up very often? Seriously, Ive been working on my set for 6 years...yes, the cards have been there but Im not paying the crazy prices.
  • Options
    Where are the factory sets available? While we're talking about Canada, where the heck are all the 1989, 1990, and 1991 O-Pee-Chee Wax and Vending Cases? lol
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I just went to Sportlots and able to get 6 of the 7 1990 Fleer Canadian cards I needed (all from one seller). Between the 3 or so sellers I noticed with singles from that set listed on sportslots--it appears almost the whole set is available--and the vast majority of the cards were 18 cents each.

I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.