Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2010 Bowman Chrome Box Rip

Nothing really special in here image

The Autographed card could have been a lot worse . Can anyone tell me how to properly price the refractors. I'm just a bit confused - The Carlos Santana is a refractor. Is it part of the real set? or is it listed in another sub set. For example - in Beckett, it list 214B Carlos Santana RC. What would the "A" card be since it doesnt show a Santana 214A , the regular? Is the B the refractor? Sorry but with all these crazy inserts, sometimes I'm not sure what I'm even reading anymore. Ughh

Comments

• Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    The refractors are considered "parallels" and are not part of the "true" set.

There are A and B versions of some of the green rookie cards, including the Santana, where one version is autographed and one is not.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    Is the Bubba Starling a Refractor /500? Those are getting $20+ right now
  • Options
    Thanks Tony, but are you saying that the "A" version would be regular issued and the "B" would be the autographed? I don't think I have it right because I'm pretty sure a Santana auto would go more than $5. But if the "A" were the regular - then did they only make Santanas in refractors and autographs only? Sorry...

Hi DaveA - Unfortunately not. Its just the regular usa version. $8 BV.

What I really hate about these cards and other newer ones are the thinkness. They also don't sit straight but are always sitting "popping up". Also 4 cards per pack really blows. No brainer why cards don't appeal to kids anymore. I would hate to have been a kid right now collecting cards. I wouldnt be spending my few dollars that I use to get for allowance on todays packs.
  • Options
    I just looked at the Beckett, the B is listed at $5 and the A is not listed. If you look at the other "A"'s for other players, they are the autographed version, so the Santana A is autographed, but I guess he is considered an unlisted star.
  • Options
    Thanks again Tony. I didn't catch that the "A's" were the Auto's. Now i feel kinda silly.

Happy New Years to you and everyone else who reads.

Marc
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks again Tony. I didn't catch that the "A's" were the Auto's. Now i feel kinda silly.

Happy New Years to you and everyone else who reads.

Marc >>

Marc,

Don't worry about feeling silly; sharing information is what this board is all about.