Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

FSHO: 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Sets OGP + 3 Non-Key Coins - 5 sets total - (coins in Hawaii) An

Here's the deal... I had a box of 5 of these 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle sets mailed to my Dad in Maui, Hawaii. Fortunately, we got through to the Mint and received the order well before any of the grading deadlines. Unfortunately, when the box showed up, my Dad opened it right up despite several notices (written and oral) to keep the box sealed up!! Oh well image I was still able to have the key coins pulled out of the sets and mailed to me for grading.

However, I still have those heavy OGP boxes and the 3 non-keys in each (the 2011 bullion which may be special?, the 2011-W proof and the 2011-W burnished) sitting at the parents' house in Maui. I would have had those mailed to me but the shipping isn't cheap back to the U.S. mainland. Parcel post is roughly $35 back to the mainland, but I've had packages take up to 3 months to get delivered by the USPS that way... they usually stick it on a boat and it gets there when it gets there. So you really must send everything back to the Mainland via Priority and Priority w/ insurance back to the mainland is around $60 (compared with around $25 if sent to another Hawaii address).

All that said, just wondering if there's anyone in Hawaii that wants these as it doesn't seem worth the shipping expense to get these back to the Mainland... but I guess if someone is willing to pay the extra shipping expense it doesn't matter to me.

The last few of these 3 coin + OGP sets that I've seen sell on eBay have sold for a average total price (including shipping) of around $180 per set.

I'd be happy with pocketing $160 per set and I have 5 sets available.

So, if you're interested you can have them shipped to you via USPS Priority insured mail as follows:

shipped to Hawaii = $825 total
shipped elsewhere in U.S. = $860 total

Please feel free to contact me if you're interested or if you have any questions or comments. If you buy them, some goodies from Hawaii may be included in the box as well image

Comments

• Options
    Does Obama collect? He is Hawaii now. image
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does Obama collect? He is Hawaii now. image >>

His people never called my people back...

Anyone interested in these, or should I just send Dad to the on-island coin shop with them and hope for the best??
  • Options
    Do flat-rate priority boxes cover Hawaii? It could be your answer...

Or eBay with no shipping outside Hawaii ;-) Sorry could not resist as I was earlier beaten by some falks here for not offering shipping to Hawaii ;-)
  • Options

<< <i>Do flat-rate priority boxes cover Hawaii? It could be your answer...

Or eBay with no shipping outside Hawaii ;-) Sorry could not resist as I was earlier beaten by some falks here for not offering shipping to Hawaii ;-) >>

USPS flat-rate Priority Mail does indeed cover shipments to and from Hawaii. Unfortunately, I don't think those big 25th Anniversary Set wooden boxes will fit in any of the USPS flat rate Priority Mail boxes. I know they will fit in a few of the non-flat rate Priority boxes they have at the USPS, but then you have to go by the standard Priority rates which are set not just by the weight but also by the distance being sent.

The eBay idea could work, but by the time I get hit with the eBay/PayPal fees, I might as well just eat the costs of shipping to the mainland image

• Options
  • Options
    scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

USPS flat-rate Priority Mail does indeed cover shipments to and from Hawaii. Unfortunately, I don't think those big 25th Anniversary Set wooden boxes will fit in any of the USPS flat rate Priority Mail boxes. I know they will fit in a few of the non-flat rate Priority boxes they have at the USPS, but then you have to go by the standard Priority rates which are set not just by the weight but also by the distance being sent. >>

They do fit in the flat rate boxes if you pack carefully image I shipped 2 out without problem.