Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

WTB 1957 Jack Butler PSA 7

I'm looking to purchase a 1957 Jack Butler in a PSA 7 LMK if you have one for sale.

Thanks
BP
"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON

Comments

• fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Man that is one heck of a tough card to find and it is not even a high #.I have 2 cards in my set one being the Butler and the other Jack Scarbath that need to be upgraded from PSA 3.I twice lost out on a Scarbath even with high bids.The Butler has never been offered in any grade and very few raw.

Good Luck.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭
    Bobby

I have not seen a butler in an 8 since the senior commitee results......that was not under $240

Good luck. I think people are holding them.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Good luck. I think people are holding them. >>

Jay VCP on a 7 is $14 and an 8 is $101, but will find out if his cards take a leap in price this Saturday. There's one on ebay in a PSA 7 that has an opening bid at $99. I can't justifying paying that kind of money, when VCP on a 7 is $14. I am still looking
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭✭
    If you're stuck on paying VCP, and he makes the HOF on Saturday as expected, then you're SOL. As is, no one is going to sell a Butler for past market value with just 6 days before the card is likely to take a big leap in value.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    ...and I almost offered my 8 up for that Fouts RC......I need to pay closer attention
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)

<< <i>If you're stuck on paying VCP, and he makes the HOF on Saturday as expected, then you're SOL. As is, no one is going to sell a Butler for past market value with just 6 days before the card is likely to take a big leap in value. >>

I never said I was stuck on paying VCP , but I can't justifying paying $120 for a PSA 7 when the last 7 sold for $20.
  • blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the VCP will be changing, the one on Feebay has a bid. This is making me think maybe I should get rid of my 8, but then I still need one for my set.
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)

<< <i>I never said I was stuck on paying VCP , but I can't justifying paying $120 for a PSA 7 when the last 7 sold for $20. >>

I hear ya Bobby, but my point is that prices realized from before Butler was named a senior finalist are out the window. Unless, that is, he doesn't make the HOF.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭
    at this point its probably to late for a decent $ on a butler. Better off waiting for the ebay unload if he makes and esp if he doesn't make the hall.
    7/8's will be swallowed up by the rc collectors.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets

<< <i>I hear ya Bobby, but my point is that prices realized from before Butler was named a senior finalist are out the window. Unless, that is, he doesn't make the HOF. >>

Andy.... I'm not sold that he will make the hall. I really believe Bettis and Dawson are in and I can't see the HOF Committee putting 3 Steelers in at once. Butler is the odd man out. I agree prices will spike on Butler, just like any other player that gets in.
    Still looking since the end of December.
  • JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    An 8 sold in Sirius last week for $43 plus a 12.5% buyers fee
    Wow, that's a killer price. Wish I had seen it.

<< <i>Wow, that's a killer price. Wish I had seen it. >>

You better hope Butler makes the Hall or you way over paid for the 8!!!!
    I'm pretty confident that he'll get in. My guesses:

Stanfel
    Butler
    Parcells
    Martin
    Roaf
    Dawson
    Reed

I think Haley, Kennedy or Carter could sneak in in place of one of these guys. I really can't see anyone else getting in this year. If Bettis went in ahead of Martin it would be a crime.
  • I paid $35 for a Stanfel 7 a couple weeks ago. So hopefully he gets in. I guess that would make it a $100 card for the weekend then settle back down to around $50-60 in the coming months/year......or $20-25 if he doesn't. He's still all-time team and decade in the registry, as is Butler. I imagine the Stanfel 8 on ebay for like $280 will sell making my purchase a decent one.

Maybe I should get my Stanfel auction ready to list in case. Almost every election the last several years I have went ahead and sold one of the new guys for a decent profit and repurchased the same later.

I also don't see Bettis getting in over Martin.

I guess I will go Haley over Dawson on your list.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
    Thanks again for the Butler 8 blee! image

<< <i>Thanks again for the Butler 8 blee >>

You have a lot of class image

• MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Geesh Andy, kinda of a classless move, not like you!
  • Someone is now selling a Butler for $225 opening price...

1957 Topps PSA 8 Butler
    Collecting all things Pittsburgh.

Completed my Clemente Basic Registry (2007 - 2014)!

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri

<< <i>You better hope Butler makes the Hall or you way over paid for the 8!!!! >>

I didn't take too kindly to this remark. And I'm no the only one who saw it as a dig. So touche.
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>You better hope Butler makes the Hall or you way over paid for the 8!!!! >>

I didn't take too kindly to this remark. And I'm no the only one who saw it as a dig. So touche. >>

You made a purchase of the card before a binary event, that post is no dig, its the truth.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    I am going to take the high road on this...........