Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Finally a decent quarterly special!

AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
Discounted true views!

Would have been nice if they were free though. I guess data of freebies are over.

1st Quarter 2012:  January 1 – March 31, 2012

TrueView Submission Special:  50% off TrueView Services

$10 per coin with declared value of $20,000 or less
 $20 per coin with declared value over $20,000
Please follow the guidelines outlined below to ensure your submission is processed in a timely manner.

TrueView services must be accompanied by either a grading or reholder service level
 Include payment for TrueView fees, grading or reholder fees, return shipping, and handling fee
TrueView Quarterly Special submissions are unlimited during 1st Quarter 2012
Submission must be postmarked by March 31, 2012
Valid for Collector Club members and dealers in good standing
Turnaround time on submission is dependent on grading or reholder service level selected
All coins kept in bank vaults.
PCGS Registries
Box of 20
SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!

Comments

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Discounted true views!

Would have been nice if they were free though. >>

Yeah, and pick up and drop off service at my house.
    I feel your pain.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is an excellent quarterly special that many forum members and collectors club members will enjoy.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it cost to grade and do variety the photo should be free all the time!
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another special I won't use. Been shut out for at least a year. image
    Lance.
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never used a quarterly special in the past, but this is one I plan to take advantage of!

Just goes to show that there is a wide diversity of collector interest out there - all part of the Collector Universe.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    AnkurJ,

Are you going to try to compete with your own quarterly photography special? image

I can offer some suggestions, if you would like. image
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Another special I won't use. Been shut out for at least a year. image
    Lance. >>

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you think of it depends on what you collect. Probably a good deal for some, not so good for others.

Let's say I send in my author icon.

$20 photo
    $30 reholder fee
    $129.95 return shipping
    Unknown cost/risk to get it there (let's assume free - drop off at the FUN show)
    I lose the OGH (which I happen to REALLY like).
    Let's assume it's not lost, stolen or damaged.

Net result - probably no better than Todds $14 photo.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options

<< <i>What you think of it depends on what you collect. Probably a good deal for some, not so good for others.

Let's say I send in my author icon.

$20 photo
    $30 reholder fee
    $129.95 return shipping
    Unknown cost/risk to get it there (let's assume free - drop off at the FUN show)
    I lose the OGH (which I happen to REALLY like).
    Let's assume it's not lost, stolen or damaged.

Net result - probably no better than Todds $14 photo. >>

I think it works best if you send multiple coins. One coin, for any service, unless it is a huge one, is rarely cost effective.

And I agree that I would never destroy an OGH.
  • Options
    copperhuntercopperhunter Posts: 925 ✭✭✭
    If they are as bad as my last set of TruViews.....going with Todd next time I make it to a large show.
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I'll be using this one.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good to me.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    Could not use the recent quarterly special pay for four modern, and get fifth one free. Have no interest in TruView pictures. Shut out again.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    drddmdrddm Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I happen to like the true views and will likely take advantage of this one....thanks PCGS image
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    If you are already paying for grading, they could have given trueviews for free. Just saying.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I may use this one....

Got to make up for the comment on lack of images on my 1859 set.....
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like taking my own photos, but I also like the look of Phil's TrueViews. IMO you can't have too many photos or alternate views. I'll be using the special on some of my coins.
  • Options
    It's interesting that one thing that keeps me from TrueViewing a lot of my coins is the CAC sticker.

Sending a coin from reholder and TrueView would mean that I have to mail it away twice.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    have a safe new year all. see ya after the 1st image
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you are already paying for grading, they could have given trueviews for free. Just saying. >>

Sure, and then turnaround time becomes 6 1/2 months. No thanks.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you are already paying for grading, they could have given trueviews for free. Just saying. >>

Cause taking high definition, perfectly lighted and focused pictures of coins is very easy and doesn't take any time at all. Cropping them, digitally processing, adding the labels and delivering them isn't time consuming either. Actually, they could probably get high school kids to do it on work release it's so easy. They probably could be trusted to handle $50,000 coins raw, couldn't they? --Jerry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file