Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Wow That's fast!!!

Last night about 9 PM EST I started entering some PSA/DNA autographs that have been sitting around for awhile into my inventory. I realized that they would go well into some already established sets that I was the only one collecting (some Olympic champion sets). So, I requested them to be added to the checklist. This was about 25 requests. Between 12 and 1 EST today, PSA already had them entered into the sets. This means that someone got to work this morning and literally got started on my request immediately. That's amazing! Thanks for the quick work!!!
Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.

Comments

• wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    What sets are you collecting? I like Oympic type sets and olympic autographs seem to have a lot of interest overseas.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    That goes along with my contention that the holdup with some of these requests is assessing the impact on other set owners.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • I have thousands of Olympic autographs. Unfortunately, PSA can't authenticate most of them because they have no reference point. The big names are easy, but when I submit an autograph of someone that won a gold medal in the Hammer Throw, they just have no idea whether it is genuine or not. So, it is a slow build, even though I have the items. And yes, I do have some Olympic wrestling champions as well.

That goes along with my contention that the holdup with some of these requests is assessing the impact on other set owners.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Please elaborate.

Sam
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>I have thousands of Olympic autographs. Unfortunately, PSA can't authenticate most of them because they have no reference point. The big names are easy, but when I submit an autograph of someone that won a gold medal in the Hammer Throw, they just have no idea whether it is genuine or not. So, it is a slow build, even though I have the items. And yes, I do have some Olympic wrestling champions as well.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Please elaborate.

Sam >>

Part of another debate about getting cards added to a registry set, which is what I thought you meant by "adding them to the checklist".
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>when I submit an autograph of someone that won a gold medal in the Hammer Throw, they just have no idea whether it is genuine or not. Sam >>

Sam, you mean PSA cannot authenticate someone as well known as Primož Kozmus, Koji Murofushi, Szymon Ziółkowski, Balázs Kiss, Andrey Abduvaliyev, Sergey Litvinov, Juha Tiainen, Yuriy Sedykh or Anatoliy Bondarchuk?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • I did get them added to a registry set. But it isn't cards, it is autographs. I requested a number of Gold Medalists be added to the All-Time American Olympians set. They are actually medalists that are in many cases better than the ones that PSA arbitrarily put into the set originally. For example, Tracy Caulkins and Mary T. Meagher, two of the greatest swimmers of all-time. Of course, since the set has been up for almost three years and nobody else has any Olympic sets it probably doesn't have much bearing on anyone else. I'd love to have a couple hundred more in the set, but PSA can't authenticate them.