Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Will a "cut" line keep a card out of a 9 holder?

By "cut" line, I mean one of those lines that looks like where the card should have been cut, but the card still looks properly centered. I was never 100% sure what those lines really are.
----------------------
Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq

Comments

• itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    nope.

• RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    How about on the Topps 1968s where there is that odd coloring along the borders when this happens?
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>How about on the Topps 1968s where there is that odd coloring along the borders when this happens? >>

Good point; that usually doesn't seem to hurt the grades on 68's.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1970 set had cards also with "lines" I think PSA ignores them.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

<< <i>The 1970 set had cards also with "lines" I think PSA ignores them.

Joe >>

Yep, I'm asking because of several from that set that I'm pre-screening as possible 9's.

Side Note: Is there ANYONE from the vintage era pictured on as many Rookie Star cards as Pinella??

----------------------
    ----------------------

nope. image

• << <i>Side Note: Is there ANYONE from the vintage era pictured on as many Rookie Star cards as Pinella?? >>

how many is Piniella on? Larry Hisle in on 3. 1968, 69 and 70
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi

<< <i>

<< <i>Side Note: Is there ANYONE from the vintage era pictured on as many Rookie Star cards as Pinella?? >>

how many is Piniella on? Larry Hisle in on 3. 1968, 69 and 70 >>

Hisle isn't on a rookie card in 1970; he's on his own card with a Topps All Star Rookie Trophy.

Pinella is on a 64, 68, & 69 for sure, plus his 1970 Topps All Star Rookie Trophy.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

Hisle's 1970 card is an All-Star rookie, as is Lou.....so only 2 appearances for him on a rookie card with another player.

pretty sure Lou's 3 appearances in '64, '68 & '69 are the most.

kinda ironic since he spent a lot of his managing career behaving like a petulant child. image
  • Greatest number of Rookie Cards -- You are looking at a guy named Bill Davis (Cleveland Indians 1st baseman)

He has rookie cards in 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968 & 1969

www.cavaliercards.com
  • psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    Hah! Bill Davis! His only home run in the bigs was a two out bottom of the tenth pinch hit job that gave the Indians an 8-7 win over the Angels and Jack Sanford. He can say he was traded for an MVP as the Padres sent Zoilo Versalles to the Cleveland in 1968.
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'