Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

ebay question?

I'm not a huge seller on ebay but occasionally put some items on there that I have doubles of or don't want for my personal collection. I just sold 2 items and never got paid for them. I opened a case with ebay to get the fees back but it doesn't allow me to give negative feedback. How can I ding these deadbeats for wasting my time and warn other sellers not to deal with them.
Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here

Comments

• Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm not a huge seller on ebay but occasionally put some items on there that I have doubles of or don't want for my personal collection. I just sold 2 items and never got paid for them. I opened a case with ebay to get the fees back but it doesn't allow me to give negative feedback. How can I ding these deadbeats for wasting my time and warn other sellers not to deal with them. >>

You can't warn anyone, but winning a NPB case will count against them. Too many of those and they will get bammed.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    You can't. Just another thing that only makes sense to eBay.

Supposedly, every time a NPB case is closed against the buyer, the buyer will get a "strike," and after so many strikes they get kicked off eBay. Key word there is "supposedly," as there is really no way to track it.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    Stupid ebay should incorporate a bubble that says non-paying next to positive for buyers
    and make it accessible for sellers to see when they bid.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Stupid ebay should incorporate a bubble that says non-paying next to positive for buyers
    and make it accessible for sellers to see when they bid. >>

You can prevent bidders with NPB strikes from bidding when you create your listing, but I think it limits you to filtering out bidders with more than a couple.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feedback system was changed, that was a mistake. Buyers have an UNFAIR advantage. Should be changed again to make it more equitable. Especially when buyers can always get their money back, even if the transaction was properly completed.

This policy gives the "bad" buyer a huge advantage and only encourages them to behave wrongly.

Some things are just obvious, aren't they?

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set