Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Who can throw a baseball wax pack lot together for me for around $300?

I've been thinking I'd like to someday make a wax pack display. A couple of parameters:

1) wax only
2) nothing post say 1984
3) topps only
4) only 1 pack per year

If it's possible please shoot me a PM. I have no experience at all regarding pricing so please don't take advantage of me image

Best,

Scott

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    bbcexchange.com is your friend.
  • Options

<< <i>bbcexchange.com is your friend. >>

I agree 10^2%
  • Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys but they don't seem to have that much in terms of single pack inventory. For example I checked out the 1970's section and they don't have any single packs from the late 70's. I was hoping to grab something from say 74-79 and they appear not to have any available. The have 2 1970 packs and that seems to be about it as far as Topps is concerned.

Best,

Scott
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    If you're looking for a wax pack display, and can be "flexible" about the packs being unopened, you can probably pick up a complete run of 77-84 for about $80 tops. That leaves you another $220 to buy graded packs for the earlier years. Might not get it done 100%, but it will get you a rocking display started!!
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    I just checked out BBCE inventory and it looks like they have 1977-1984 Topps wa in stock.

77 Topps $30.00
    78 Topps $20.00
    79 Topps $12.00
    80 Topps $11.00
    81 Topps $3.00
    82 Topps $4.00
    83 Topps $4.00
    84 Topps $1.50

When you check their inventory make sure you either change it so all years fit on the same page or go to the other pages. Their default settings only show 25 items per page.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options

<< <i>I just checked out BBCE inventory and it looks like they have 1977-1984 Topps wa in stock.

77 Topps $30.00
    78 Topps $20.00
    79 Topps $12.00
    80 Topps $11.00
    81 Topps $3.00
    82 Topps $4.00
    83 Topps $4.00
    84 Topps $1.50

>>

When you check their inventory make sure you either change it so all years fit on the same page or go to the other pages. Their default settings only show 25 items per page

Ta Da!

I feel dumb sometimes....thank you.
  • Options
    A few follow up questions.

In looking at packs on ebay vs. bbexchange taking 1977 as an example:

ebay $15-$30
    bbx $30

Is it worth it to buy from bbex because of all the resealers that are probably out there?

Also when buying ungraded packs from bbex what condition should I expect to receive them in. I'm sure there not PSA 9 quality but is a resonable expectation if I got them graded a 7?

Best,

Scott
  • Options
    tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    Scott
    Most will tell you that bbce is the best in the business as far as reliable vintage wax goes... No need to worry when purchasing stuff from them!!!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>A few follow up questions.
    Is it worth it to buy from bbex because of all the resealers that are probably out there? >>

IMO, it's a crap shoot to buy raw packs from someone you don't know and trust on eBay.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    If you go all one shot with bbce you will save on shipping too than if you buy from multiple ebay sellers. He may even offer some discount as well.

And as others mention, there is risk with an unknown seller on ebay.

Good luck!

aconte
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies guys it's much appreciated.

Would it be reasonable to possibly get a discount if I order between $200-300? Would you just ask beforehand?
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    I dont own any unopen packs, and would probably open anything i got my hands on. I would like to start something from the early 70's thru the 80's.
    That being said, does anyone have any display ideas or pictures of some packs.
    I have seen the UNREAL wall display that was posted on here many times before.(anthony's i think),
    but does anyone have anything smaller like 20 packs or so?

1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)