Home Precious Metals
Options

Is this the big dip before the sunup up in prices this spring?

Do you guys think prices will go any lower?
At current prices I'm buying up as much as possible, looking at previous years, metals tend to run up around april.
Is this the lowest prices well see before the big spring run up?

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Do you guys think prices will go any lower?
    At current prices I'm buying up as much as possible, looking at previous years, metals tend to run up around april.
    Is this the lowest prices well see before the big spring run up? >>

If we aren't at the bottom, we are darned close to it.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had cashflow to spare, I'd be adding to the stack. I gotta wait 4 to 8 more weeks, and it's killin' me.

Not really. But if I had a ready pile of cash, I would be "shopping".
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    If it goes below $25, $18 is a very realistic possibility. Kind of at a very crucial point imho. Talking about Silver of course.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Yes. Enjoy it while it lasts.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Sinclair predicted "violent swings" in precious metals spot prices. Looks like he was right...again.
    Not sure what will happen between now and spring. In the next year prices could rebound nicely and then some.
  • Options
    Usually PM's start spiking this time of year so something is rotten in Denmark. The continuing monetary problems in Europe have hit all commodities hard as people flee perceived risky investments in favor of the dollar.
    When one thinks about this it makes absolutley no sense as PM's should be the perfect place to weather the storm and hedge your assets against all things paper.

Time will tell and silver could go below $20 before turning around even though initially I thought that $25-27 would be the bottom. It is to hard to make a prediction right now because of the uncertainty but longer term I think those purchasing now will be rewarded quite nicely as the price objective still remains $100 plus.