Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Another 1970 Cello Crack - Unless we'd rather discuss alts some more

I was planning on doing this over the weekend, but I've had enough "unfun" threads on page one lately so I decided to go tonight.

----------------------
Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq

Comments

• Options
    I'm on the fence. I love the '70 Topps set, but I do enjoy a good alt skirmish also.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Woo hoo. Let's get crackin'
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    COME ONE PETE ROSE!!!!
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Woo hoo. Let's get crackin' >>

I'm sorry - did somebody say something? It was a bit noisy here.

----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    Centered Pete and Bench!

Go Reds

** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options

<< <i>Centered Pete and Bench!

Go Reds >>

NO chance at a Bench - it's a Series 6 (547-633) cello.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    Good luck!

Also, if you happen to pull a Darrell Evans #621, the centering doesn't suck, and you don't need it..... let's talk.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    This is awesome! Good Luck!

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Centered Pete and Bench!

Go Reds >>

NO chance at a Bench - it's a Series 6 (547-633) cello. >>

My bad. Got confused on the 1970 rack BBCE had with both on top of the pack.

Centered Pete, Mays and Banks

** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    OK, started as expected, but I think the luck of the draw is going to bite me. The repeat starting with Mr. Timmermann may cost me a big hit. image

----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need more threads like this and fewer with all the juvenile BS...hope you pull a few mint to gem mint cards! Is this one of the Fritsch packs?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Ouch, I didn't know they repeated like that (I even opened these as a kid, I guess I just don't remember that well)

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    Does the white line at the top of the cards effect the grade? (PD?)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Timmerman's birth control glasses x2!

Thanks for the rip!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options

<< <i>We need more threads like this and fewer with all the juvenile BS...hope you pull a few mint to gem mint cards! Is this one of the Fritsch packs? >>

Yep it is one of theirs. Right now, not sure I picked the best one. image

Yep, the odd sequence bit me a bit.

A few nice ones in this 9, but Gaylord and the Royals rookies instead of Willlie is looking like my outcome.

----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow these look like they are hard to find centered cards.

Anything here other then the obvious Perry a hit?

• Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting your rip!
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options

<< <i>Wow these look like they are hard to find centered cards.

Anything here other then the obvious Perry a hit? >>

Well, it DOES get a bit better image

----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    Hal Lanier looks like a blazer!
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Great rip...sorry it wasn't better for you.

How much does a pack like this cost to take a shot with? Not familiar with unopened stuff? Sure looks like fun.

Was this pretty typical on centering? Looks pretty bad overall.

Jeff
  • Options
    And the final 6.... all in all a fair result, but no huge hit. Missed the Mays obviously, but I may have pulled 5-6 solid hits.

----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    BlackieBlackie Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Mr. Cub though!!!
    1964 Topps Football
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing the rip. I really enjoyed that. Congrats on the cards you got. Can't go wrong with Mr Cub.
  • Options
    mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    Nice rip and thanks for sharing. I'm always interested in any Pilots cards if you decide to sell. Tony
    Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • Options
    Turned out to be a nice rip, way to go!

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. Thanks again for the rip. That banks is sharp!
  • Options

<< <i>Great rip...sorry it wasn't better for you.

How much does a pack like this cost to take a shot with? Not familiar with unopened stuff? Sure looks like fun.

Was this pretty typical on centering? Looks pretty bad overall.

Jeff >>

Yeah, this one was more consistently OC than others I've done. The most maddening part was that ZERO of the cards in this one are OC on the back - every one could pass the 80-20 cutoff if the fronts were a bit better.

On first review, I've got 14 possibly gradeable ones, which isn't a bad number out of 33. Of course, a second review coupled with a VCP check, will likely kill a few more.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    Thanks for sharing the rip. I live for these moments!
    Collecting 64, 66, 67, 70 & 71 Baseball. Cubs, wax, cello & rack baseball.