Home Precious Metals
Options

Will U.S. Banks ever sell....metals..??

Will U.S. Banks ever decide to stock and sell Gold and Silver..??...Is it at all possilble they can compete with Bullion dealers who operate independently...image
......Larry........image

Comments

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,563 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Will U.S. Banks ever decide to stock and sell Gold and Silver..??...Is it at all possilble they can compete with Bullion dealers who operate independently...image >>

The First National Bank Of Chicago used to have a very active precious metals department. They got out of it in the middle 1980's after watching their inventory go down in value for years. The store I worked at was half a block away, and we got a lot of their customers.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banks already sell coinage metals at their intrinsic value.

They're called nickels! image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    Leader Bank in MA has just started selling Gold Coins this week. I was wondering is this a sign of the end of the bull run as people are beginning to jump in, or is this just a confirmation of the legitimacy of PMs?
  • Options
    I'd like to buy a bullion Silver Amer. Eagle or two at my bank from time to time...It would be so convenient to stock up on these..
    ......Larry........image