Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What do you this of this signed Unitas RC?

Unitas

What does everyone think?! If real its killer.
John
Collecting
HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    That looks weird, almost like it was signed in photoshop! Anyone else think that blue looks weird?
  • Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    Um... yeah... pass...
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    Bear48Bear48 Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    I'd pass.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Wow, I'm no expert regarding on-card sigs, but is there ANY way a signature on that card have such perfect edges without ANY bleed???
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    What do you this of this signed Unitas RC? This makes this senseimage
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they used a blue lumicolor or something.
    I think the signature looks pretty good (authentic). But I'm far from an expert.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a paint pen used for signing helmets and some jerseys, and I think the signature is authentic.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>That looks weird, almost like it was signed in photoshop! Anyone else think that blue looks weird? >>

It may be authentic, but I thought the same thing.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    The pen is a blue decocolor paint marker.
  • Options
    Im not so Sure the Auto is Authentic.

I own two Autographed Unitas items, the Signed Litho Ive had for 20+ years, The 72 Topps Card was In Person so I know its legit.
    Both have a distinct downward curve on the top right of the "J" and both have a distinct backward curve on the "S" in Unitas, that comes back and crosses the "T"
    The "U" with the outward hook is also not consistant. People can sign their name different from time to time, but something seems awful fishy here to me.

Im no expert myself, but both these distinct features seem to be lacking on the 57 Rookie card.

John
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    The Unitas auto I got in person in '65 looks nothing like the auto in the original post.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of that auto either. It doesn't match up to the examples I have on hand.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skip this idiot, he can't even decide if he wants to be paid in three or five days! Isn't this a violation of eBay's rules? Other than "buy it now" with immediate payment required, don't you have 7 days to pay? I would NEVER buy from a seller that listed conflicting requirements on payment.

I can just see the thread now "Seller won't take card back" said five days, three days, blah blah blah.

STAY AWAY!

Happy New Year...................even to the morons.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    wow it really does look like a photoshop'ed on signature... but I'll trust John - he knows his auto'ing pens!
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm starting to think its not an authentic signature.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    Definately not authentic. Doesn't even come close.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    Blue Paint Pen. I use them at work.

I do not know Unitas signature. But the writing tool is not a good one for trading cards.

Dave