Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Sarasota Herald Tribune: "Stolen coins worth $400,000 recovered with dealer's help"

2»

Comments

• Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just peeking in with an update-- everything I post is a matter of public record, either from the courts or Jessica's public facebook wall.

Long story short-- her being charged with the theft messed up her "vizo" rights with her "one-day-to-be-husband" who is in jail until 2021 on some pretty terrible charges. She's pleading with the Sarasota courts to let her see her BF in prison but she's currently barred from doing so due to someting she did "a while back." (ie, stole nearly half a million in gold 3 months ago)

"Havent been doing anything wrong they just keep trying to get me for stuff from a while ago..."

Call me and ol' softy but it just gets to me right here! *urrps* Naw that was just indigestion.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    That girl is disgusting! Theyre all low lifes...
  • Options

<< <i>Steal coins Dec. 14 in Sarasota.

Try to fence stolen coins Dec. 17 in Sarasota.

image >>

Not really. Selling stolen property is not really "fencing" . A fence is a person in-on the deal from the beginning and expects to
    receive the goods. Usually a fence is the one that hires the dummy-dums to go out and do a "job" and then bring him the loot
    for a very small protion of what it is really worth. The fence pockets the big profit. See , the dummy-dums dont know enough
    to sell to the right people. image
  • Options
    Hmm! Hmm! According to the public facebook page and court records, Justin got two years in prison. It'll go by fast. I can think of places I'd rather be spending my early 20s, though.

I'm sure in 5 or 10 years they'll all have a good laugh about it. image
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    If my home was burglarized of $400,000 in coins and tens of thousands of other collectables I would sure want my address published!!! The press is a big help here.image
    OLDER IS BETTER
  • Options
    I've been following this story the best I can, and here's an update from Jessica's public Facebook page:

"Just kill me now image
    as soon as my life starts to pick up; i get crushed back down. wtf am i suppose to do now?

I got THE WORST news at court today image

They showed me the afidavit were Justin basically told them I did the sh** with him which isn't true and the state gave me a offer of 2 yrs but my lawyer got it to 6 months of county and 2 yrs papers image I go in Friday to sign I wanna try to get a turn in date but I don't know if they'll let me."

She went on to muse that she'd do about 3.5 months in county jail.

3.5 months for stealing $400,000 in gold!?? I know the coins were recovered but come on! Why do I bother going in to work every day?

• Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Glad they got the coins back. The twinkie queen will not get any prison time and the 2 guys will do about 6 months and then they can start over. >>

I guessed pretty close, i did not factor in how busy the "twinkie Queen" had been before they took the gold. Sad, sad, sad.

A good friend of mine bought his daughter a used car 6 months ago and went to title and register the car. The DMV said the title was signed wrong and told him to go back to the seller to straighten out. Now he does not have the title and the police say it is a civil matter. He paid the seller 20k cash for a car he can not title and no crime has been commited in the eyes of the popo. LOL The seller is sitting in jail right now as he went on a drug bender with the 20k and got popped buying from an undercover.
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    I think this'll be the last update, as the perps were caught and now sentenced.

Justin Gerken update (2 years, prison)

Jessica Striewski update. (6 months, jail)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file