Home Precious Metals
Options

More Dirt on MF global Bankruptcy

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here is a clip of Peter Schiff interviewing Ann Barnhardt about how the MF global bankruptcy is being handled . She is pretty fired up here

Youtube

The part that strikes me is that all these peoples open orders were canceled . I don't trade any more but I always used stops on all my positions to get me out if things went bad. Stops let you sleep at night having them all canceled without warning and then not being able to reset them is astounding.

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealing allocated storage accounts from PM holders is a shocker as well. A must view for all PM traders/investors.

Ms. Barnhardt's call for all investors to exit all paper markets in protest of the governement's illegal action with MF Global accounts puts Peter Schiff in the hot seat as he sees it hurting his trading firm. She rightfully calls him out for it on her website for putting his profits over his customers' best interest. Good for her.

view the video linked in OP first, then visit Barnhardt's site

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW & I mean WOW.

400 securities customers and 40,000+ commodity customers and JP goes to the front of the line.

WOW.

Pay attention paper traders.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Baley gets a chance to view this one.

Big implications all around the board. If food prices aren't high enough already, this actually could be a disaster in the making. A $Billion may not go very far in Peter Schiff's NY World, but it goes a really long way in Kansas grain elevator country. I can't believe Schiff's blase' attitude.

But bigger yet - what are the chances of a market strike when people realize that everything they've got invested can simply be stolen from their segregated accounts and the government is complicit?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possibly MFGlobal was just a trial balloon as the bankers and govt continue to target our IRA's and 401K's.

No need to worry about this in Baleyville though as the community brokerage is run by George Bailey.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    I also noticed this story is not in the mainstream media. Where's Freedom Watch with the Judge?
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the government takes IRA's and 401k's, the occupy movement will look like kindergarden.
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If the government takes IRA's and 401k's, the occupy movement will look like kindergarden. >>

i think its only the start. we shall see image
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    "If the government takes IRA's and 401k's, the occupy movement will look like kindergarden."

Man, you'd like to think so but somehow, I just don't see much fight out there from the hosees; YOYO. I thought the most aggregious thing was when the investors were being sold housing equities that were then shorted by the issuer but watching MF investor funds get liquidated takes it to a whole new level. Will there will be any "wrong doing" except maybe Jon Corzine; even he seems to have some pretty well placed buds so maybe there really isn't any wrong doing.

The common man that was talked about in that epic depression era piece, The Grapes of Wrath, had plenty of fight and lots of determination but this time, methinks the common man may be on the wrong side of the power curve. The uber ramp up of the home security forces has resulted in more then enough peace keeping folks to keep anything shut down that they (whoever that is) deem needs shut...see any occupier news stories lately?
  • Options
    Wow is right, Thanks for the Link...

That CowGirl Has True Grit, My Hats Off To Her...!

My Ebay Auctions

Currently Listed: Nothing

Take Care, Dave
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corruption, theft, complicity.

The system has been rigged for a long time but now the riggers don't even have to play by rules like "thou shalt not steal".
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    That is so messed up. I'm glad that I am for PMs I am 100% physical. Have been since the little Kitco scare about a year ago I believe it was, even though that specific scare turned out to be baseless.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options

<< <i>If the government takes IRA's and 401k's, the occupy movement will look like kindergarden. >>

The problem is a new bill just passed called the Amer Defense Auth Act. (ADAA) Under that bill the pres has the right to detain (throw in jail) without due process anyone who is a"threat" to the US. In this bill the OWW protesters would meet that definition. This is all being pushed under the guise of fighting "terrorism". Most Americans have no idea this is going on. They are more interested in how big their HDTV is and what Netflix movie they want to watch tonight. Its getting scary! image
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy almost gets it but not quite.

The problem isn't so much that they aren't going to prison for fraud, the problem is none
    of them even have to pay back the money they stole.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robert Reich has never gotten it. Wasn't he Bill Clinton's Union Lobbyist, ahem - I mean, Secretary of Labor?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here: Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?