Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

60s and 70s Sporting News Newspapers

Does anyone here know the value of sporting news newspapers from the 60s and 70s. I probably have around 100 of them and dont really want them anymore.
What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Issues with star players on the cover are worth a little, $5.00-10.00 if in good condition.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    check eBay completed sales...majority of them are a tough sell

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

<< <i>Does anyone here know the value of sporting news newspapers from the 60s and 70s. I probably have around 100 of them and dont really want them anymore. >>

The best price guide for almost anything is ebay closed auctions.

I hope this helps.

Dave
  • Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    Besides the low selling prices, shipping them is difficult, as well, due to the delicate nature of the newsprint and the size.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I had a number of issues from the 50's that I tried selling privately, on ebay and at garage sales with no luck. I eventually gave them away.....although old there didn't seem to be much interest in them. I even had issues from when the Giants and Dodgers left NY and went to the West Coast and I was surprised they didn't sell.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    If you have the one from 1978 with the Patriots' Steve Grogan on the cover, I had a Letter to the Editor published in it

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    CapyCapy Posts: 2

I have 50plus issues several color covers, some painted. Probably 3or4 because of edges. Covers good. Interested in previous comments

• Options
    CapyCapy Posts: 2

In previous post the newspapers are 66-70

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

coulda made a smsll fortune back in ‘14/‘15 when they actually graded these for a brief stint.

pop 5 forever!

(and rightfully so. i like it for the novelty of the whole idea)