Home Precious Metals
Options

Do European Banks..........................??

..Sell gold and silver to their customers.Are precious matals availabe to the public for sale inside their regular banks .. instead of here in the U.S where you have to purchase from dealers....image
......Larry........image

Comments

• Options
    I am italian but had no experience in buying directly from the bank.
    Though, I heard that in Italy and Switzerland banks do sell gold bars or coins "over the counter". Same in Canada for what I know.
    I assume that just few branches do that.
    MM
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    any more responses.....image
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    I seem to remember that during the Euro conversion, you could get gold instead at French banks.

Not sure about today.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I seem to remember that during the Euro conversion, you could get gold instead at French banks.

Not sure about today. >>

check there web sites and send emails? just a thought
  • Options
    probably not silver, all silver in EU has a VAT tax.
    Successful transactions with: DCarr, Meltdown, Notwilight, Loki, MMR, Musky1011, cohodk, claychaser, cheezhed, guitarwes, Hayden, USMoneyLover

Proud recipient of two "You Suck" awards
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    gold, yes. not sure if every bank does, however.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22