Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Gripe: "Basic Set" Composition

Why is it that a players "Basic Set" contains 1980's Leaf base releases, but NOT O-Pee-Chee base releases?

this really irks me as there is no rhyme or reason that i can see for it. i can see them not including "Traded" issues,
as they are not "pack issued"

urgh, very VERY frustrating for me as i am a huge O-Pee-Chee Baseball fan

Guess im going to have to stick to players' "Master Set"'s because i want credit for my damn O-Pee-Chee slabs! image

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle

Comments

• Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    You have 1975's pictured so O-Pee-Chee isn't required for basic sets just like 1975 Mini's aren't required in addition to the regular 1975's.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those back pages, is that Brett PSA 8 in your sig line for sale? Looks really nice. I have an 8 that looks decent but has a small indentation towards the upper right corner of the card, and its sort of distracting to the eye. I need a better one. image
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    When the "basic" sets were formed PSA asked members with "basic and collectors" sets what cards they wanted included in the basic sets. People voted to include leaf but not OPC.