Home Sports Talk
Options

2012 HOF

markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
Posnanski has a couple of articles re the HOF election. One is re the newcomers, the other is taking another look at holdovers for whom he did not vote. He did not vote for Morris or Lee Smith.

http://joeposnanski.blogspot.com/2011/12/hof-story-2-holdovers.html

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great read. Thanks for posting that.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good read. The class of 2012 was not that impressive. Some good players like Salmon, Sierra and Bernie, but no HOF'ers. This should make it easier for some carryover guys to get in. I'm guessing Bagwell, for one.
  • Options
    halfcentmanhalfcentman Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Good read. The class of 2012 was not that impressive. Some good players like Salmon, Sierra and Bernie, but no HOF'ers. This should make it easier for some carryover guys to get in. I'm guessing Bagwell, for one. >>

Why not Fred McGriff? The dude hit 493 HR's and never was implicated for steroids.
  • Options
    McGriff is deserving as is Larkin
  • Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Good read. The class of 2012 was not that impressive. Some good players like Salmon, Sierra and Bernie, but no HOF'ers. This should make it easier for some carryover guys to get in. I'm guessing Bagwell, for one. >>

Why not Fred McGriff? The dude hit 493 HR's and never was implicated for steroids. >>

My apologies, forgive me for forgetting McGriff, yes, he should get in this year. I'm one of those who thinks he's a definite HOF, but am not sure I'm in the majority on this.