Home Sports Talk
Options

Joe Pa's 85th birthday

Happy Birthday Coach. Hey Pitt is looking for a new Coach. Wouldn't have to move that far. Maybe stay there for 46 years.

Comments

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Joe!!!!! Great coach and a greater man. Im very thankful for everything he has done for the great university that i have the pleasure of attending everyday. I hope he lives to see many more birthdays and grace us all with his wonderful presence in State College.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009

<< <i>Happy Birthday Joe!!!!! Great coach and a greater man. Im very thankful for everything he has done for the great university that i have the pleasure of attending everyday. I hope he lives to see many more birthdays and grace us all with his wonderful presence in State College. >>

GREATER MAN ???? is this the same joe paterno in the news all the time and just got fired for not looking into alleged sex abuse of young men ???
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    "Not on my watch!"

That is what a great man would have said in the face of the horrible crimes going on under his nose in the program in which he was king!

"Get this dirt bag rapist off my campus and in jail!"

That is what a greater man would have actually done or ensure was done, and made sure that said rapist would not step foot in his kingdom!

If you are going to treat him as a King, then that proves that he did not do a good job in that whole mess image
    Are you sure about that five minutes!?
  • Options
    Yes he screwed up but i still owe a lot to him considering he basically used his own money to build the universities library and many other academic buildings. Almost all of his salary goes towards helping eduacation and charities all over the world. He spends next to nothing on himself, he doesnt even own a computer, and lives in a small rural home. I know he did something wrong, but that doesnt negate everything else he has done.
    What I Collect:

• Options

<< <i>Yes he screwed up but i still owe a lot to him considering he basically used his own money to build the universities library and many other academic buildings. Almost all of his salary goes towards helping eduacation and charities all over the world. He spends next to nothing on himself, he doesnt even own a computer, and lives in a small rural home. I know he did something wrong, but that doesnt negate everything else he has done. >>

No it doesn't...it just makes him a man, not unlike the millions of others in the world. Many do as much good, whether it is with money or service, and in fact many do it without horrible lapses in judgement. Wish happy birthday to them image
  • Options
    I guess we all just have our own opinions and can agree to disagree. Have a happy holidays.
    What I Collect:

• Options

<< <i>I guess we all just have our own opinions and can agree to disagree. Have a happy holidays. >>

Yup.

Just make sure you pull your pants back up when you are done.