Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Wanted: PCGS MS70 Army Commem half dollar

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
Wanted to buy-- please PM me.
"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many of them exist? Most of the posts I have seen about this release is that they are pretty horrible looking (gradewise).

I have a half dozen in the OGP, I've never opened to see if they look ratty or clean. Maybe I need to.
  • Options

<< <i>How many of them exist? Most of the posts I have seen about this release is that they are pretty horrible looking (gradewise).

I have a half dozen in the OGP, I've never opened to see if they look ratty or clean. Maybe I need to. >>

Not a one so far, which is testament to how lousy the quality is. There are a lot of MS68s and even some MS67s now.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭
    Probably turn out like the 1982 Washington Silver Half Commemorative. No PCGS MS 70s on that coin either. Seems like a MS 69 would be worth something.
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    So far there on none on the pop report.
    MS67 12
    MS68 173
    MS69 318
    MS70 blank

That is a mix of first strike and regular labels.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    I wish I'd offered to buy MS69s for $50... that ship has since sailed.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭
    The Thomas Jefferson Silver Proof Commems are very hard in 70 also.
  • Options
    I'm curious about the quality of the NGC MS69 Army commem halves-- over 2000 have been graded vs barely 300 for PCGS. I don't think PCGS is being tough on them-- the quality is just baad.