Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Why aren't these allowed in the Registry?

Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'

Comments

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that your card? Have you requested it to be added to your set? The only reason I can think of not allowing it, is if the card was issued after his playing career, but Frederic played from 1924-1936 and the Exhibit in question is dated 1927, so that doesn't appear to be the case. There are 6 Exhibits in the Killebrew Master Set.

If you click on "edit" your set, about halfway down the page you will see this message;

If you have an item that is not showing as available to add to the set, click the Report a cert that should match this composite link. This will allow you to report to customer service the certification number that is not showing as available to add.

You would simply not believe how the database is managed. Early this year, I emailed a request that the OPC Home Run and the OPC RBI Leader cards from 1965 be added to the Killebrew set, I figured it would get done right away since both cards were already in the Mantle set. NO! At the time the cards I owned were raw, so I had to send them in and receive my grades only then I was allowed to request they be added. After another couple of months they were included.

I would think that someone would just get checklists for all the main card manufacturers (Exhibit Supply Co. would certainly qualify) and add them to (at least) all the HOFers registry sets.

I think the department that does the adding is probably understaffed, so they do it one at a time. I would certainly think that adding cards to these sets would increase the submissions for grading as owners of the sets would see there were cards that "needed" to be added in their quest to complete them.

Still lots of fun even if the process is not perfect.

Good luck!

Joe

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Joe, Good knowledge! You da man!!
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'

• What did PSA say? Where are you trying to add this...what set? I don't see a master set for him?
    When I have an issue, I call them up or email them. I don't always like their answers though.
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to be of help. Many on these boards have done the same for me.

Good luck in making a positive change to the hobby!image

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set