Home Sports Talk
Options

Good Job Shockey

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    After he scored and got into several Texans' faces, I turned to my friends and asked what the heck happened. While he's always been a trash talker, I've never seen him so over-the-top and assumed something unusual happened. We were all just kinda shocked... To be honest, my initial thoughts were someone either spat in his face or punched him in the junk.

As many know, I take the cake for being the homer of all homers when it comes to the Texans here. Having said that, since local media is sweeping it under the rug and won't really address it, I'm going to give a slight benefit of the doubt to Shockey.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't blame him at all and glad he feels the way he does.

It burns me to see anybody dishonor this country and/or our flag!!image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>After he scored and got into several Texans' faces, I turned to my friends and asked what the heck happened. While he's always been a trash talker, I've never seen him so over-the-top and assumed something unusual happened. We were all just kinda shocked... To be honest, my initial thoughts were someone either spat in his face or punched him in the junk.

As many know, I take the cake for being the homer of all homers when it comes to the Texans here. Having said that, since local media is sweeping it under the rug and won't really address it, I'm going to give a slight benefit of the doubt to Shockey. >>

Barry I respect your love for the Texans and please understand Im not bashing the Texans at all, my point was to give kudos to Shockey on this regardless if it was the Texans or any other team including the Patriots. Regardless of anyones beliefs I think saluting the flag is honoring our Men and Woman who have fought for the flag and think everyone should show respect regardless of political beliefs.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>After he scored and got into several Texans' faces, I turned to my friends and asked what the heck happened. While he's always been a trash talker, I've never seen him so over-the-top and assumed something unusual happened. We were all just kinda shocked... To be honest, my initial thoughts were someone either spat in his face or punched him in the junk.

As many know, I take the cake for being the homer of all homers when it comes to the Texans here. Having said that, since local media is sweeping it under the rug and won't really address it, I'm going to give a slight benefit of the doubt to Shockey. >>

Barry I respect your love for the Texans and please understand Im not bashing the Texans at all, my point was to give kudos to Shockey on this regardless if it was the Texans or any other team including the Patriots. Regardless of anyones beliefs I think saluting the flag is honoring our Men and Woman who have fought for the flag and think everyone should show respect regardless of political beliefs. >>

I agree 100%

If what Shockey said is true and our local media are ignoring it, I'm embarrased for the organization and won't defend their actions.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of Shockey at all, but I agree 100%. About time somebody called out these individuals. Same for the other sports as well.
  • Options
    No denial but plenty of misdirection.

That's bunk in my book...

linky

<< <i>Shockey should apologize to Texans for clueless comments

...he’s cast an organization that does so many terrific things for the military in a bad light.

Shockey is clueless about the Texans’ patriotism. I’ve never seen an owner, head coach or players who do more for our military.

...Later Sunday night, when informed of Shockey’s comments, Ryans had an interesting take.

“If he’s so patriotic, why was he looking at our bench instead of the flag?” Ryans said. “Where did he come up with the number 10? Was he counting? Why was he paying attention to us during the National Anthem?

”Of course, our players are patriotic. We respect the flag and America and our soldiers that are fighting for our freedom.”

If Shockey’s half the man he claims to be, he’ll apologize for disparaging players and an organization that didn’t deserve it. >>