Home Sports Talk
Options

Barry Bonds: Knocks another out of the park!

Bonds has been sentenced to 2 years probation, and must serve 250 hours of community service and pay a $4,000 fine.

My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25

Comments

• Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

... and he has to clap out the erasers after school. Harsh stuff.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    And it cost us, as tax payers, around $75,000,000.

Sigh.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Money well spent. If there is one thing congress doesn't like it is a liar. No matter the cost they had to make a statement. (kind of like the Polar Bear calling the snowman white, huh?)
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Money well spent. If there is one thing congress doesn't like it is a liar. No matter the cost they had to make a statement. (kind of like the Polar Bear calling the snowman white, huh?) >>

I gotta disagree, personally I think Congress should stay the hell out of the steroid issue in MLB and let the commissioner earn his money and handle it internally.

Should the United States Government even give a rats ass if these guys want to do PEDS?
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    Great way to spend money for a country that has a 15 Trillion dollar debt nightmare.
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    I took the money well spent as sarcasm, hope it was.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i> and must serve 250 hours of community service and pay a $4,000 fine. >>

I hope they make him clean the urinals at the highway rest areas.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>I hope they make him clean the urinals at the highway rest areas. >>

When community service is given as a sentence, does the Court decide the "what" and "where", or does the convict?

If the convict decides, then I suspect he's going to be the new face of the SF Giants community charity org. SF is probably the only place in the country where his presence at a charity function would be viewed as positive.

• Options
    zendudezendude Posts: 208 ✭✭

I gotta disagree, personally I think Congress should stay the hell out of the steroid issue in MLB and let the commissioner earn his money and handle it internally.

Should the United States Government even give a rats ass if these guys want to do PEDS? >>

I agree completely!! It's Baseball. Let Baseball handle it.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Theoretically, this isn't so much an issue of who's cheating in baseball, but who's distributing drugs illegally. Bonds lied on the witness stand when asked about his knowledge or involvement with BALCO and the feds decided to go after him for it.

When all was said and done, the government's only "victory" here is in establishing that if you lie to the government, they'll make fools of themselves in an effort to discredit you and waste years of your time.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I took the money well spent as sarcasm, hope it was. >>

It was. I guess I don't do sarcasm well.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph