Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Interesting color on a Morgan

UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
Thoughts on this? Although the picture doesn't quite show it, this coin has the typical blast white semi PL fields.

Let's get some thoughts on this and I'll reveal a bit more later.

image
I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.

Comments

  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    I hate the road rash on her face, but the fields look nice and the color is OK.
    Becky
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 25,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold plated?

    bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    And I don't think that the yellow is unusual at all. I have seen quite a few "lemons".image
    Becky
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    butterface:

    it's nice...but, her face!
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭

    Someone might have tried to dip it in Proactive Solution to clear her face up.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    smoething about that color wants me to say "backwards" but I don't know why.

    Eric
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 9,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks nice to me! I like golden hues...
    image
  • Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fields almost look too clean for how rough the cheek is. Altered Surfaces?
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    ?
    Becky
  • This content has been removed.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 25,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 days and counting!

    bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did smooth out the fields, I was more concerned about the color than condition. Certainly not trying to "enhance" the grade. The color is just about the same as Meltdown's coin. It came back from our host graded MS63.

    Have you ever photographed a coin that looked great in hand, but the camera takes every minor tick and makes it look like the Grand Canyon? This was one of those...

    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    OK. Now you have to tell us how you "smoothed out the fields".
    Becky
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 25,052 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>OK. Now you have to tell us how you "smoothed out the fields". >>



    image
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If those of you asking about the editing can't see the photoshopped effect in the fields, you're in trouble.image

    "Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.american-legacy-coins.com

  • Options
    stealerstealer Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Now that you mention it I see it but I wouldn't have spotted it before.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file