Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

customer finds 14-d Lincoln in wheat cent roll

jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
One of my customer who frequents all the local shops weekly, just came in today to show me what he found in a wheat cent purchase he made. 1914-d in AU. Not from my shop, (at least I hope not) but from his travels this week.

Comments

  • Options
    uofa1285uofa1285 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭
    Cool! I think it might actually be good advertising if you found out it was your shop? JMO.

    image

    Edited for spelling again...argh!
    Visit my eBay Store to see my (mostly) overpriced Rainbow Toned PCGS/NGC coins! IshopCoinShows4You
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 25,194 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>One of my customer who frequents all the local shops weekly, just came in today to show me what he found in a wheat cent purchase he made. 1914-d in AU. Not from my shop, (at least I hope not) but from his travels this week. >>



    Why would you hope he didn't locate this coin from a roll you sold out of your shop?
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool!

    It can happen. I know because it happened to me, with a bulk Wheat lot bought off BST, back in 2005.

    I don't remember which member the coin came from because I'd mixed several bulk lots together, but I found a decent looking 1914 in the mix.

    It had a piece of dirt under the date. I removed it with a toothpick.

    Yep, you guessed it. "D" doesn't just stand for "dirt".

    PCGS gave the coin XF40.

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

  • Options
    uofa1285uofa1285 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭


    << <i>Cool!

    It can happen. I know because it happened to me, with a bulk Wheat lot bought off BST, back in 2005.

    I don't remember which member the coin came from because I'd mixed several bulk lots together, but I found a decent looking 1914 in the mix.

    It had a piece of dirt under the date. I removed it with a toothpick.

    Yep, you guessed it. "D" doesn't just stand for "dirt".

    PCGS gave the coin XF40. >>



    The "hunt" is half the fun! image
    Visit my eBay Store to see my (mostly) overpriced Rainbow Toned PCGS/NGC coins! IshopCoinShows4You
  • Options
    Wow ..talk about good luck for a ..Die Hard " collector going thru wheatie rolls....image
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it!!!!
    That's the kind of story that keeps hunting fun and worthwhile!
    imageimage

    Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    coool. one usally does not hear of that to often
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,672 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>One of my customer who frequents all the local shops weekly, just came in today to show me what he found in a wheat cent purchase he made. 1914-d in AU. Not from my shop, (at least I hope not) but from his travels this week. >>



    Why would you hope he didn't locate this coin from a roll you sold out of your shop? >>




    Kinda obvious if it wasn't sold as an unsearched roll. Would be like you selling a searched roll of Morgans and missing the 89-CC.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Becuase that means I missed it myself, and shorted a customer who brought the coin in the shop in the first place.

    we always try to look at as much as we can when reviewing, but things do get missed especially when busy. I like getting a present , but dont want to short anyone either and buy like an 01-s quarter or some other rare coin for melt price.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file