Home Sports Talk
Options

Tim Tebow and Terry Bradshaw

Terry didn't have amazing career stats, but he was a winner like Tebow (although Terry probably had a better supporting cast).

Tebow did have a good supporting cast at Florida. Look at Florida ever since Tim left the university.
So Tebow know's what it's like to play with great players and be a winner too.

Anyway, I've heard that Terry wasn't a "great QB"...... but all he did was win.

Are Terry and Tebow alike in this respect ? They aren't necessariy "great" QB's, but they somehow know how to play
"great" when it counts.

Comments

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Isn't it way too early to call Tebow a (NFL) winner? Tony Romo was 13-3 in his first full season, and he's known as a loser because he is 1-3 in the playoffs. Winning is mostly about the team, anyway. Great players do not win without good teammates (Ted Williams, Ernie Banks, and Dan Marino come to mind).
  • Options
    Obviously I'm a huge Tebow fan, but it is a bit early to start comparing him to Hall of Famers. Besides, he'll never be able to play qurater back in the NFL. Just ask all his criticsimage
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Terry didn't have amazing career stats, but he was a winner like Tebow (although Terry probably had a better supporting cast).

Tebow did have a good supporting cast at Florida. Look at Florida ever since Tim left the university.
    So Tebow know's what it's like to play with great players and be a winner too.

Anyway, I've heard that Terry wasn't a "great QB"...... but all he did was win.

Are Terry and Tebow alike in this respect ? They aren't necessariy "great" QB's, but they somehow know how to play
    "great" when it counts. >>

Terry had a MUCH better arm than Tebow.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    Quincy Carter had a nice run once too. I believe they started 8-3. Quincy, Bill P, and some other scrub were even featured on beckett's cover.

Players who "just win" despite obvious talent deficiencies often don't last. It will be fun to watch until the music stops though.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bradshaw had much better passing skills than Tebow. He had a stronger and more accurate arm. Keep in mind the era Bradshaw played. Look at Joe Namath's stats in comparison. Bradshaw didn't do much dink and dunk passing. A significant number of his passes were downfield. Take a look at Bradshaw's stats from 1978 onward when the league rule changes started favoring the passing game (though not to the degree they do today). That will give you a better basis for comparison.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Vince Young.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difference between the two is that Terry's backups all performed pretty much as well as, or even better, than he did (look it up!) whereas Tebow's backup is now gone from the team, after starting 1-4.

Tabe
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Terry had a MUCH better arm than Tebow. >>

Correction. Terry HAS a much better arm than Tebow.

• Options
    Tebow had an amazing career at Florida, and he's had an amazing start to his NFL career.
    I wouldn't be suprised to see Tebow follow in Terry's footsteps, and get a few rings before it's all over.
    Heck, Denver may have a shot at it this year. Anyone who says they don't didn't watch the Bears game.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    Tebow can spell
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The difference between the two is that Terry's backups all performed pretty much as well as, or even better, than he did (look it up!) whereas Tebow's backup is now gone from the team, after starting 1-4.

Tabe >>

If you're talking 1974/1976 then I agree. All Mike Kruczek had to do was hand the ball off to Bleier and Harris. Jefferson Street Joe had his moments but I also have the Miami Monday Night game from 1973 where Joe threw like 4 picks then Bradshaw came in while recovering from an injury and almost brought them back from a 28 pt deficit.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my Horror now this tebow thing has got to be so ridiculas we are comparing him to a HOF QB

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh my Horror now this tebow thing has got to be so ridiculas we are comparing him to a HOF QB

image >>

image Spot on. Everyone knows Bradshaw is vastly overrated.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Oh my Horror now this tebow thing has got to be so ridiculas we are comparing him to a HOF QB

image >>

image Spot on. Everyone knows Bradshaw is vastly overrated. >>

Again image