Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Let's Play- I have $280.38 in my paypal account, what do you have for that exact amount??

Boys and Girls,

I had a lot of fun last time I did this, so here we go again. I have exactly $280.38 in my pay pal account, so whatever you may have for this money please factor in shipping and what not. I can't seem to find stuff within my core collection so I will step out (not that I was ever REALLY in a core, LOL), so I turn to my fellow coin guru's for some new ideas and coins! Post it here or PM me with what you have. Pictures would be a plus, but I have bought from several members sight unseen and have never had a problem. I am going to post this on the BST currency/USCF board too as I also collect paper and US.

P.S- I have working on my Mexico type set for some time and have a long ways to got.

Thanks-TN

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can do this pair of slabs (one Darkside, one Liteside) for $280.38 delivered, and will basically break even on 'em at that price, after shipping.

Both very nice coins with subtly colorful toning. Both in older-generation slabs.

Here, I'll copy and paste from my BST swaplist, prices and all. My combined ask price on these two on BST is $314, so as you can see, I'm offering you the pair at a little bit of a discount.

Of course, there IS other stuff, so if you wanna work up a different $280.38 package deal, let me know what interests you.

How 'bout these two? image

Update: I flubbed the math a little. My cost on this pair is EXACTLY $280.00 combined, so I'd need to hit you up for a few more bucks for the shipping, I'm afraid.

imageimageGreat Britain: silver sixpence, 1900, NGC MS64, with nice pastel colors
    KM779, .925 silver/.0895 oz. In an old "fattie" NGC holder. As was common with these old slabs, there is a little bit of peeling on the hologram label on the back. The coin has subtle but beautiful pastel toning in blues-greens-pinks-golds. Here are bigger pictures of the obverse and reverse. The full slab picture was done on my scanner and therefore does not show the colors. The other photos were recycled from the previous owner. $79.

imageimageUSA: No Stars Seated Liberty half dime, 1837, ANACS EF40
    Great looking coin with original grey toning, nice surfaces, and a very faint hint of iridescent coloring. In an old small-size ANACS slab. I liked this coin so much, I bought it twice! This was a part of my old pre-millennial type set before I sold it to Robert K. ("oreville") the week 9/11 happened. He sold it to Carl Wohlforth sometime after that. I recently bought it back from Carl, but didn't even know I was repurchasing an old friend until after the deal was done! I'm not really working on a type set anymore, so it's not like I need this coin or anything- I just bought it to jazz up this swaplist a bit. So yes- though it has a tiny bit of sentimental value, it's for sale. Perhaps it will be a sentimental favorite of yours in your type set. If so, it will be one of those coins with a long and distinguished forum pedigree. I personally think this coin has a shot at a bit higher grade. It looks at least 45 to me, and I think it would have pretensions to AU50, except the toning subdues the luster a bit, and most folks look for more luster on an AU. Many who voted in the poll about it seem to agree that it's got 45 or 50 "meat" on it. (There are links to slightly larger images there on the poll thread.) $235.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This 69mm martime medal

This MS-64 Brazilian Coin

This Swiss Medal

• Options
    I've got a 1941 Walking Lib in PCGS 66 I'd be willing to part with for that much.
    Salute the automobile: The greatest anti-pollution device in human history!
    (Just think of city streets clogged with a hundred thousand horses each generating 15 lbs of manure every day...)
  • Options

<< <i>I've got a 1941 Walking Lib in PCGS 66 I'd be willing to part with for that much. >>

41-S ?