Home Sports Talk
Options

Angels sign Pujols. Angels sign CJ Wilson. Angels rumored to be trading Trumbo for Andrew bailey

it doesn't get any better than this!

Now I know what it feels like to be a yankee or Red Sox fan..
Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi

Comments

• Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Now? The Angels have been doing this for almost forty years. Reggie Jackson, Torii Hunter, Bobby Grich, Mark Langston, Vladimir Guerrero, Mo Vaughn, Lyman Bostock, etc...
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    No kidding....who are these Angels fans that think they are some small market team??

Great move for the A's...Trumbo gives them a power threat, and closers are a dime a dozen.
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474

<< <i>No kidding....who are these Angels fans that think they are some small market team??

Great move for the A's...Trumbo gives them a power threat, and closers are a dime a dozen. >>

I guess the Trumbo trade is only a rumor...The angels blew 25 late ininng leads last year. Insane. We need a closer and or a late inning right handed stopper.

Trumbo is like Rob Deer. Can crush the ball, but not very good fielder and terrible OBP..Plus Kendry Morales might be making it back this year....
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    In St. Louis today Albert Pujols has earned himself a new nickname..."LeBron"...

I'm actually a bit surprised. I thought he would stay in St. Louis.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>No kidding....who are these Angels fans that think they are some small market team??

Great move for the A's...Trumbo gives them a power threat, and closers are a dime a dozen. >>

I guess the Trumbo trade is only a rumor...The angels blew 25 late ininng leads last year. Insane. We need a closer and or a late inning right handed stopper.

Trumbo is like Rob Deer. Can crush the ball, but not very good fielder and terrible OBP..Plus Kendry Morales might be making it back this year.... >>

Huh, I thought the folks at HH said he was a surefire ROY candidate.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "LeBron" Now that's fitting. To bad they both could end up in the same city.image
  • Options
    RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    How is Pujols anywhere near LeBron? LeBron is the db of all db's!!!! Pujols already has rings with the Cards, respects his fans and teammates and doesn't consider himself above anyone else... Not to mention, he doesn't choke regularly in big games.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    The S just got real in the AL. Pujols makes them the team to beat, but CJ Wilson will prove to be the same douchebag walk machine he was in Texas.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a lot of cheese for a #3 starter. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    I have to ask.....

I have always admired and respected Albert Pujols, but, this time to me it just
    smells like MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY !

Is it just me or does anyone else get a little tired of this? For crissakes,
    when is there ENOUGH money for these guys?

I am the first one to say, you should make what you are able
    to make, and I don't fault the average SMO for going for more money,
    but, I mean after the first $10 million, how much more can you spend?
    How much more do you need?

Only thing I can say.....I USED to respect:

Tori Hunter
    Albert Pujols

Sad to say for me, but, now I have lost ALL respect for these now TEAMMATES.

Tony
    KalineFan
  • Options
    I still don't hate anyone for signing for more money. I am happy at my job. But, if someone else offered to pay me 40% more over the lifetime of my ability to do my job, and I had spoken to a variety of people and it was a good organization, would I take it? You better believe it. A good chunk of you would take that deal too.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    Trumbo is sticking around, its Morales i think is gone......
  • Options

<< <i>I have to ask.....

I have always admired and respected Albert Pujols, but, this time to me it just
    smells like MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY !

Is it just me or does anyone else get a little tired of this? For crissakes,
    when is there ENOUGH money for these guys?

I am the first one to say, you should make what you are able
    to make, and I don't fault the average SMO for going for more money,
    but, I mean after the first $10 million, how much more can you spend?
    How much more do you need?

Only thing I can say.....I USED to respect:

Tori Hunter
    Albert Pujols

Sad to say for me, but, now I have lost ALL respect for these now TEAMMATES. >>

simple question: when was the last time a TOP FREE AGENT took THE SMALLER CONTRACT?

WHEN? cause i cant recall....

the MLBPA WONT ALLOW IT...again,THEY WONT ALLOW IT! AGAIN PEOPLE, the MLBPA WONT ALLOW THE TOP FREE AGNET TO TAKE THE SMALLER CONTRACT.......HELLO , HELLO? anyone listening?

IT helps ALL players for many years to come when the top free agent signs the biggest deal possible.....not that hard to figure out...its not a secret

the cardinals screwed up, they lowballed and disrespected Pujols, they have only themselves to BLAME

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was of the impression the Marlins offered more money but Albert choose to play in California for other reasons. Also didnt LeBron also take less money to go to Miami?
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    I think I am simply asking that..........

I don't recall what Pujols was making with the Cards, but come on.....

They just won the World Series and if it really isn't about the money...
    then why sign with another team.

Pujols a few years back himself said (And I am paraphrasing a bit)
    " I can't see me switching teams for an extra 3 or 4 million a year,
    I just wouldn't do it"

Anyone on these boards understand essentially what I am
    trying to say.....? If it isn't about the money with these guys, then
    why do all these players jump around all the time? At some point
    you would think a player would try to stick to a team and build
    something or build off of something......Again, just like Pujols.......
    he helps his team win a world series and then he's gone the
    next year to a different team? It just doesn't make sense to me....

Tony
    KalineFan