Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Pujols an Angel

13»

Comments

• Options
    kgibsonkgibson Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    If I thought all MLB players were cheats and liars, I'd find a different favorite sport.
    "You know we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, there'll be other days. I didn't realize that that was the only day."
  • Options
    Nothing crackpot pointing out contradictions in pujols's words and actions.

You can strike the night club lie from the record if you wish.
    Are you sure about that five minutes!?
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    It amazes me when I see all these acusations being thrown around (PEDs, older than he says, etc.) with absolutely no shred of proof. I'm no Pujols defender (in fact I'm pretty bitter that he left St. Louis) but to accuse him of this stuff seems stupid when he has done NOTHING to warrant the implications.

Everyone matures at different ages. I have a friend that had graying hair in high school and others that started balding at 20. I have other friends that are just naturally huge and muscular. My wife has a huge head. I can tell you with absolute certainty that none of them used PEDs or are older than they claim. So until we see some actual proof maybe it should be innocent until prooven guilty. Or at least not guilty until some kind of proof arises. Just sayin'.

Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>Nothing crackpot pointing out contradictions in pujols's words and actions. >>

Crack away!

Your whole "Albert must use contraceptives" argument is awesome! Both because it has nothing to do with anything, and because it's a crazy leap!
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    Digicat,

There are probably many other instances that I am overlooking.

It still stands, he lied, his defense is faulty and he said he would do anything in regard to testing. I haven't seen it.

So if we offered him together that he does the IOC testing and they keep the samples for future testing...and he says no, then what would you say?
  • Options

<< <i>...and he said he would do anything in regard to testing. I haven't seen it. >>

You see? THIS is where you have a valid point. Not the religious stuff.

Are you a religious person who doesn't think A-Pu fits your religious standards?

• Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Well... into page 6 of the thread now...

If I've learned any one singular thing in tracking this thread, it is...

Congratulations Fandango (and well, some people probably owe you an apology)! You no longer hold the title as the most Pujols-obsessed poster on these forums!

This has reached an off-the-handle level of obsessed and persistent defamation that I've never personally witnessed before. Admittedly, it's quite frightening... but equally entertaining!
  • Options
    Maybe Pujols is also an illegal alien? Saberman, your comments?

• Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257

<< <i>So if we offered him together that he does the IOC testing and they keep the samples for future testing...and he says no, then what would you say? >>

What if he says yes? Do you still bash him for all the other perceived instances where he may/may not be telling the truth? Has anyone asked him to do the testing? Would the players union allow it? These are legitimate questions that I honestly don't know.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So if we offered him together that he does the IOC testing and they keep the samples for future testing...and he says no, then what would you say? >>

What if he says yes? Do you still bash him for all the other perceived instances where he may/may not be telling the truth? Has anyone asked him to do the testing? Would the players union allow it? These are legitimate questions that I honestly don't know. >>

a) He apparently did say he would and b) no way in hell the MLBPA or his agent ever let him follow through. Testing is collectively bargained, and him popping off and saying he'll be happy/proud/whatever to be tested ain't EVER gonna mess with that bargaining chip.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

What if he says yes? Do you still bash him for all the other perceived instances where he may/may not be telling the truth? Has anyone asked him to do the testing? Would the players union allow it? These are legitimate questions that I honestly don't know. >>

a) He apparently did say he would and b) no way in hell the MLBPA or his agent ever let him follow through. Testing is collectively bargained, and him popping off and saying he'll be happy/proud/whatever to be tested ain't EVER gonna mess with that bargaining chip. >>

And that is exactly why he said it to begin with...because he knows he could just hide behind the union. Have beer muscles so to speak.

Yet, he COULD do something he wants. He put himself out there as a leader to be believed. Why isn't he on the forefront demanding the plan that I proposed?

Albert is greedy, wealth seeking, and materialistic...all of which are against the bible and jesus's teachings, yet he leads us to believe that he
    does not take steroids because he fears God and that baseball means "nothing" to him.

If he were a monk who lives a meager life and carries the word of Jesus, then that would make sense. But he isn't. Baseball IS very Important to him. He does want to be viewed the best at a game. So don't give us that BS that steroids are beneath you , simply because he wants to remove the motive for baseball.

Yet you guys buy that blindly. To me, it is an obvious smoke screen, a veil he could hide behind. The fact that you guys think this is a crack
    pot notion is a little disturbing. I wonder if you would have drank the Jim Jones Kool Aid if you were around him because you have this blind belief in a stranger.

I don't see that contention being crack pot at all...maybe a little along the lines of Brad Meltzer or Ancient Aliens.
  • Options
    You guys are right, me bringing religion into the steroid use debacle is ridiculous.....about as ridiculous as Albert Pujols doing it image LOL!!!

School is out boys.
  • Options
    Even though there is no proof out there I've always been a firm believer that Pujols is a user. In my opinion everything about him screams PED user.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Innocent until proven guilty.

Judge not lest ye be judged.

"Molon Labe"

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Jeter and Ichiro may be the last legends to start and finish their HOF career with one organization. >>

Hopefully there's another name on that list:

image >>

Not looking good for Braun.

i will admit that Chipper belongs on the list
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Now Braun?

The fact the you guys believe ANYTHING that comes out of the mouths of MLB players and management when it comes to PED is the single most amazing thing I have witnessed on these boards.

They have done NOTHING to warrant us to believe a single word they say!!

You guys feel free to believe them and hold onto your heroes and wear blinders.

What a bunch of fools.
  • Options
    only 6 year till the angels file bankrupcy
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad. I am so tired of my beloved Angels always trading away their stars to the Cards. Maybe we will try and win another ring...
    Naahhhh.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    Nobody here knows for certain if this guy is on the 'roids or not. End of story.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Ooh I'm an Angel
    Yes I'm a stranger round Newport Beach
    Money's on my table
    Payin me a half mil per week
    Cards fans are babies
    Don't like me now, you can kiss my cheek
    I don't play lazy
    Come on and love me Halos

Pitchers find me hard to handle, well I'm easier to walk
    So you like Mr Burgundy's jingle
    That guy sure likes to talk
    So now I'm wearing big diamonds, & I just bought some gold
    Yeah I'm an Angel

Ooh I'm an Angel
    Yeah I'm a stranger to your park
    I'm gonna rock the AL
    Won't take me long to make my mark
    If you are a Ranger
    You got a lot of pitchers I'll tattoo
    I'm gonna drive you crazy
    Come on, love me Halos

Cardinals didn't give a darn about me
    Yeah they treated me bad
    My big bat's gonna hurt some teams, Angels fans will be glad
    I don't take HGH or steroids, but got high 'tosterone
    Yeah I'm an Angel

Yeah I'm an Angel
    I'm a stranger to your park
    I'm gonna rock the AL
    Gonna start a fire with a big fart
    Oh come on CJ
    Why won't you show me your tattoo
    New league won't faze me
    Come on, love me Halos
    Come on Halos
    Gonna drive you crazy
    Gonna drive you crazy
    Ooh come on Halos
    Woooooo
    Come on Halos
    Come on Halos

Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options

<< <i>Now Braun?

The fact the you guys believe ANYTHING that comes out of the mouths of MLB players and management when it comes to PED is the single most amazing thing I have witnessed on these boards.

They have done NOTHING to warrant us to believe a single word they say!!

You guys feel free to believe them and hold onto your heroes and wear blinders.

What a bunch of fools. >>

I don't know who you are but you're a douche. It's not up to you to tell everyone what they should feel about a certain ball player. We are all old enough to make up our own minds about whether we believe a player is guilty of doing PEDs or not. I agree that most players probably take something to get an edge but it's been that way since day 1 so why all of a sudden is steroids such a big deal? Do I wish that every player was clean? Absolutely. But I would be willing to bet that baseball has more clean players than a sport like football or hockey. And where is all the uproar over that? Baseball has no physical contact (except the occasional hard slide or play at the plate) whereas football and hockey are known for brutal hits. Yet baseball gets all the backlash over PED use. Seems like an unfair double-standard to me. I still think it's the greatest sport on Earth and nothing you say is going to make me feel otherwise. So piss off.

End of rant.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

This one's in response to Ron's Song ! One of my bowling teammates composed this song ! It's sung to the tune of
    the ' Beverly Hillbilly's ' TV theme song ! He just recently had it published in the Letter to the Editor's section of the
    State Journal Register in Springfield , Illinois !

The Ballad of Albert Pujols

Let me tell you ‘bout the story of a man named Albert

Throw the man a strike and he’ll really make it hurt

Then one day he was looking for some cash

Along came the Angels with a helluva stash

Greenbacks that is…big bucks….semolians…

The next thing you know old Albert’s not a Card

The Redbirds said Albert please don’t break our heart

He said California is the place I wanna play

So he loaded up his Caddy and he moved to big L.A.

Anaheim that is…the Mighty Ducks…Disneyland..

And now it’s time for Cardinal Fans to turn and watch him go

He would like to thank you folks for adding to his dough

He won’t be back to play next year at this locality

He’s off to California for a whole lot bigger fee.

No trade clause that is…shed a tear….Ten year contract

You don’t come back now, y’hear?

Ted Haberman is the composer !..........................Robbie

Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options

<< <i>

I don't know who you are but you're a douche. It's not up to you to tell everyone what they should feel about a certain ball player. We are all old enough to make up our own minds about whether we believe a player is guilty of doing PEDs or not. I agree that most players probably take something to get an edge but it's been that way since day 1 so why all of a sudden is steroids such a big deal? Do I wish that every player was clean? Absolutely. But I would be willing to bet that baseball has more clean players than a sport like football or hockey. And where is all the uproar over that? Baseball has no physical contact (except the occasional hard slide or play at the plate) whereas football and hockey are known for brutal hits. Yet baseball gets all the backlash over PED use. Seems like an unfair double-standard to me. I still think it's the greatest sport on Earth and nothing you say is going to make me feel otherwise. So piss off.

End of rant. >>

They have you hoodwinked and bamboozled...it is such a joke. Albert Pujols is riding front and center in that image

If I am a douche for calling it out, so be it. Rather be that than a blind fool.

PS, it is the greatest sport on earth...probably why it does get the backlash...well that, and the fact that they are so ridiculous in their attempts to cover things up and lie...it is pretty sad actually.
  • Options
    Here is an excerpt from an interview with Mrs. Pujols courtesy of hardballtalk.nbcsports.com. via 99.1 JOY FM in St. LOuis...a Christian station.

EXCERPT: "The Cardinals eventually improved their package, all the way up to 10 years and $210 million, but $30 million of that would have been deferred with no interest. In the Angels’ $254 million deal, nothing is deferred.

“I’m going to tell you what, listeners especially,” said Deidre, “had that offer been given to us with a guarantee (i.e. no deferred money), we would have a Cardinal on our bat.”

The rest of the interview centred largely around Mrs. Pujols’ faith and upbringing in Kansas City, and the both harsh and friendly comments she’s received from St. Louisans since the decision was announced on Thursday. But the main intention of the lengthy Monday morning discussion was to relay the message that Albert did not chase the Angels’ $254 million offer because of greed or money lust. Rather, it was about the Angels’ willingness to make a long-term commitment and the Cardinals’ reluctance to match that.

“It’s just like God,” Deidre told Brown near the end of the chat, “to put us on a team called the Angels.”" END OF EXCERPT.

I put forth in bold her quote that basically makes everything else she says to be contradictory to her/their true motives....money. Typical BS from the Pujols camp. About as ridiculous as using God as a defense for steroid use.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    i hope Gregg Allman has a good sense of humor. image
  • Options
    saberman....why do you seem to have such an ax to grind with pujols?

did he beat you up as a child? you sure are persistent in your hatred/defamation towards him....hope Pujols lawyers dont read these boards, they may have a case against you for defamation...IMO,mike
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

<< <i>saberman....why do you seem to have such an ax to grind with pujols?

did he beat you up as a child? you sure are persistent in your hatred/defamation towards him....hope Pujols lawyers dont read these boards, they may have a case against you for defamation...IMO,mike >>

Ladys and Gentlemen. Fandango has returned.