Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Bummer... tough grading on the thicker/memorabilia cards

Set Registry special... got my poppage in the advertised (approx) 5 day turnaround... so that was nice!

1 1 19258312 NEAR MINT 7 2001 LEAF CERTIFIED MATERIALS 158 ALBERT PUJOLS GAME-WORN HAT Card
2 1 19258313 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2011 TOPPS PLATINUM 11 RANDALL COBB ROOKIE PATCH AUTOGRAPH Card

Kinda figured 7 on the Pujols... but was hoping to pull off a 7.5 or 8. I've been hesitant on purchasing one of these, as they are so condition sensitive and I've never seen one remotely worthy of a 9 or 10 grade. Took a chance on purchasing this raw copy though because it was offered up by BBCE. Still happy... just not as happy as I wanted to be!

The Cobb though... an 8! No clue, absolutely flawless card. I figured an easy 10... worse case, they found the most minor flaw to give it a 9. The 8 grade baffles me. Guess I'll be cracking this one out and just keeping raw. No point having a modern 8 in the "nasty" holder!

Now the wait continues for the other two subs I made at the Sun Time show... a 100+ CC Special and a PSA/DNA Ticket submission w/ grading (WS Game #1 Jason Motte first WS save auto & WS Game #7 Tony LaRussa auto). Fingers crossed for better luck on those subs.

Happy Holidays!

Comments

• Options
    He who submits a 100+ ticket submission has the biggest balls of them all. (Sorry, AC/DC is on in the background).
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    No... the 100+ is a card submission. The ticket submission was seperate, and only the two tickets I mentioned. I'd have to take out a small loan to afford a 100+ ticket sub!!!